As college basketball and hockey championships come to an end and baseball season starts up, Verizon Wireless has DROID by Motorola customers covered when the competitive spirit strikes. With applications from Android Market™ running on the largest and most reliable 3G network in the United States, customers have a champion’s advantage when they challenge themselves and their opponents.
This week’s highlighted apps get customers in the game, give them a competitive edge, and help them share the thrill of victory.
• Skype mobile™ – A victory is much sweeter when shared with friends and family. Whether boasting a new record or swapping stories of great games, customers can reach loved ones around the globe using Skype mobile. The free app lets customers remain always connected to instantly flaunt achievements.
• Buddy Runner – Buddy Runner is the ultimate personal trainer. Customers can use this free app to track workouts and record routes, distances, times and pace. Automatic postings to Facebook® and Twitter allow customers to share personal bests with friends and family, and audio feedback of workout progress makes it easy to improve training.
• Nintaii – Nintaii is a Japanese term for “patience, perseverance, or endurance.” The 100-level game increases these strengths through brain-twisting puzzles. For $2.99, customers can train their minds with award-winning fun.
• What the Doodle!? – For $1.50, this draw-guess game pits customer against customer in a real-time doodle duel. Fast-draw action and social gaming features make this app challenging, fun and a way to make new friends or rivals.
• WoW Droid Armory – Some competitors want to conquer the world. WoW Droid Armory is a free app that gives customers a strong advantage in World of Warcraft play. Customers can search the database for characters and add character widgets to their home screens to keep a vigilant eye over their champions.
Customers can get these apps and more on DROID by Motorola, available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $199.99. For more information on DROID by Motorola, visit www.droiddoes.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.