Gamers who missed out on Mafia II when it was first released can look forward to picking up the “Greatest Hits” edition that not only comes at a lower price, but includes all of the DLC that was released as well. The bundle will be called Mafia II Greatest Hits on PlayStation 3, Mafia II Platinum Hits on Xbox 360, and Mafia II Director’s Cut on PC.
All three editions will include:
- Mafia II
- The Betrayal of Jimmy DLC
- Jimmy’s Vendetta DLC
- Joe’s Adventures DLC
- Four Style Packs including Vegas, Renegade, Greaser and War Hero — each with two cars and two suits for in-game use.
The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 bundles are available now for $29.99 USD, while the PC bundle will be released in the near future.
Click “Read more…” for the full press release.
2K Games Announces Epic Crime Game, Mafia II®, Returning in New Value-Packed Editions
Combines authentic gangster saga with downloadable content featuring high-stakes mob shootouts in one unforgettable package
New York, NY – March 30, 2011 – 2K Games announced today that the notorious mobsters Vito Scaletta and Joe Barbaro of the epic crime drama, Mafia® II, are returning in three new value-packed editions of the epic crime drama: Mafia II Greatest Hits for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system; Mafia II Platinum Hits for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Mafia II Director’s Cut for PC.
Mafia II Greatest Hits and Mafia II Platinum Hits are currently available at select retailers for $29.99, and will become available at additional retailers worldwide throughout April. Mafia II Director’s Cut for PC will become available in the coming months. Each includes the standalone game, plus the action-infused escapades of the previously released downloadable content, providing more than double the content of the original game. These editions mark the first time that Xbox 360 and PC players can experience The Betrayal of Jimmy, featuring intense arcade-style gameplay that keeps Jimmy driving, shooting and fighting throughout Empire Bay. All three value-added editions offer extended storylines, with different playable characters and leaderboard challenges, making them an offer that players can’t refuse.
This pistol-packed period piece transports players to Empire Bay, a fully realized and immersive urban cityscape set in America during the 1940s and 1950s. The action unfolds with white-knuckled car chases, explosive gunplay, compelling characters and an engaging narrative set against a backdrop of meticulously detailed period environments that showcase the difference a decade can make in the evolution of music, fashion, advertising and automobiles.
All three editions will include:
– The full edition of the gripping crime-drama, Mafia II, where Vito and his buddy, Joe, are making a name for themselves on the streets of Empire Bay, working their way up the Mafia family ladder with crimes of larger reward, status and consequence.
– The Betrayal of Jimmy: Players take on Empire Bay through an alternate perspective of the mob through the eyes of Jimmy, a mercenary. Jimmy is the guy the other guys call when they need to finish the job. The Betrayal of Jimmy features dozens of intense arcade-style, city-based missions that keep Jimmy driving, shooting and rampaging through Empire Bay.
– Jimmy’s Vendetta: Once the mob’s most effective ally, Jimmy is now its greatest enemy. Fueled by rage, Jimmy takes on Italian and Irish mobsters in a slew of unlockable city quests, including assassination and timed vehicle pursuits ending in dramatic shootouts.
– Joe’s Adventures: Play as Joe Barbaro as he rampages through Empire Bay in the wake of Vito Scaletta’s prison sentence. Joe must uncover the traitor who betrayed Vito while overcoming the challenges of moving up the ranks in the mob.
– Four Style Packs including Vegas, Renegade, Greaser and War Hero — each with two cars and two suits for in-game use.
Mafia II is rated M for Mature by the ESRB. For more information on Mafia II please visit www.mafia2game.com.