What is adrenal fatigue? Adrenal fatigue is when the adrenal glands function below their normal level. Most commonly associated with intense or prolonged stress, it can also arise during or after acute or chronic infections, especially respiratory infections such as the flu or pneumonia.
Adrenal SupportSometimes we can get caught up in our busy lifestyles and not know when to take a step back and let our bodies rest. Excessive work too many stimulants or very intense training without enough rest can all result in adrenal fatigue.
You may be experiencing adrenal fatigue if you regularly notice one or more of the following:
1) You feel tired for no reason.
2) You have trouble getting up in the morning, even when you go to bed at a reasonable hour.
3) You are feeling rundown or overwhelmed.
4) You have difficulty bouncing back from stress or illness.
5) You crave salty and sweet snacks.
6) You feel more awake, alert and energetic after 6PM than you do all day
Adrenal fatigue can take several months to over a year to heal. However, it is possible to recover. Good supplementation, lifestyle changes, and detoxification can go a long way.
A few lifestyle changes that can help one to recover from adrenal fatigue are:
– Detoxing the body and ridding it of environmental toxins and free radicals. Consider taking Optimum Health’s Detox and Cleanse. Also consider Adrenal Support to promote restoration of
– A gluten free diet. Gluten increases inflammation in the body and can weaken the immune system
– Being sure to get 8 to 9 hours of sleep each night, taking supplements like magnesium, and Kava Kava (which is a plant based drink you will love) both of which are in Titan Nutrition’s Restore
– Do exercises (that are suggested by Matthew Fletcher) moderately while experiencing adrenal fatigue, over exerting one self could be too taxing on the adrenals and worsen the situation.
Dominick Walsh is a blogger for Performance Nutrition and TMRzoo.com and covers all men’s health topics and exercise issues including protein powders, diets, weight loss, weight lifting supplements, fat burners and supplement reviews. Dominick’s columns cover everything you need to know about your pre, during and post workout nutrition.