TMR Zoo Message Board

Full Version: Self Serve Petrol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, you'd be hard pressed to find a servo here that does driveway service. Old
- http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-04/or...ge/9304840 -
Quote:A new law which makes it legal for people in parts of the United States to pump their own fuel has been met with panic and outrage by some residents — and inspired a bevy of satirical replies online.

The law, which took effect on January 1, means that people in part — but not all — of rural Oregon can now take over the job usually performed by the areas' petrol station attendants,
And that, dear children, is why we keep Oregon in Oregon!
Is that what all the freaking out has been about?
I’ve pumped my own gas just about every time I went to NY, and it’s uncommon to find a place that does it for you up here.
It’s been probably 25 years since the last time I stopped into a full-service station, and to be honest I don’t know of any that exist anymore.

At the time I had about a 1.5 hour commute and I remember that I found it kinda nice to be able to pull in after a long day at work and let someone else pump the gas. Hell, I was only 24 or 25 then... NOW I’d REALLY appreciate it if I could find one!