TMR Zoo Message Board

Full Version: The Brett Favre Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(07-17-2015, 07:21 PM)Speng Wrote: [ -> ]They're finally retiring his number tomorrow. I'm getting tired of all the television coverage the last few weeks, it's been a total love fest.

Apparently they're warning all of the people attending the ceremony that booing will not be tolerated, good luck stopping that.

Is that why they are not doing it at a game? I dont think I've ever seen a retirement ceremony in the offseason before
I don't care about the ceremony, but seriously, why boo someone who's already retired?
(07-18-2015, 01:26 AM)LesStrat Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care about the ceremony, but seriously, why boo someone who's already retired?

There's still some animosity for statements he made slamming the organization and other players, that and playing for the Vikings.
Sheesh.

LSU fans still hate Nick Saban. I don't get it. He left to go to the NFL. Yes, he took over a rival team when he returned to the SEC, but the LSU position was not available.

Sports fans and athletes are silly.
Brett Favre had one helluva year for the Vikings followed by a pretty embarrassing year. In fact, I actually watched the Vikings for the first time in years when they got Favre. I grew up watching my dad nearly have a heart attack every Sunday watching the Vikings, he loves his Vikings. Poor Vikings fans. I was smart, I saw Lawrence Taylor kick some serious ass when I was about 6 years old and was a Giants fan ever since but I still have some love for my hometown Vikings... I just do not bring expectations with the love.
I was a Vikings fan when Tarkenton was QB.
Now I'm pretty much anti-NFL, ever since they decided that they could blackmail communities and states into following their social agenda.

The irony of the NFL having social standards is mildly amusing, but mostly annoying.
(07-18-2015, 06:42 PM)LesStrat Wrote: [ -> ]Now I'm pretty much anti-NFL, ever since they decided that they could blackmail communities and states into following their social agenda.

The irony of the NFL having social standards is mildly amusing, but mostly annoying.

I don't really like any of the major sports manipulative ways. The very idea of threatening to leave town unless the community steps up to pay for stadiums (for billionaires nonetheless) is sickening. I wish I could just flip a switch that made me not enjoy the spectating of the sports though. Especially football. I played football in junior high and high school and I really love the game. I just wish it wasn't as much of a business as it is at the college and pro levels. I especially despise college football and anything to do with the NCAA, at least the NBA and NFL players get paid. 
(07-18-2015, 07:42 PM)Snake Aces Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really like any of the major sports manipulative ways. The very idea of threatening to leave town unless the community steps up to pay for stadiums (for billionaires nonetheless) is sickening. 

They're going though that right now with the Milwaukee Bucks, the NBA demands a new stadium be built or they're moving the franchise. The current stadium isn't really even that old.

I haven't been to a Bucks game in close to twenty years, I find basketball boring.
A few years before Katrina the (S)Ain'ts managed to win a playoff game. The owner decided that they needed a new stadium because the Superdome was so decrepit it wasn't worthy of a pro football game.

A couple of weeks the later the Super Bowl was played in that decrepit stadium.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22