TMR Zoo Message Board

Full Version: The Brett Favre Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Securb Wrote:I just heard on the news Brett Farve retired

This time he really, really means it.

I was rolling my eyes during his news conference yesterday (which started an hour late, princess has to keep everyone waiting) where he said he was sitting on the porch with his ten year old daughter asking her what he should do. Hey asshole, how about not letting a ten year old make life decisions for you. I guess we know why he acts like a pre-teen girl now, look at his career consultant.

Apparently she said, while crying, "Daddy, I want you to win another SuperBowl". Give me a fucking break...she wasn't around the first time he won.
As a Philly fan, I hope the Green Bay fans don't disappoint me in that game. I want every sports page on Monday featuring a pic of Favre crying on the field from the abuse he gets.
Some woman on ESPN said that when Favre is playing the game in Green Bay he should get "The Duracell Treatment".
[Image: bilde?Site=U0&Date=20090729&Category=GPG...8&Border=0]
Not that funny...

Letterman couldn't pass on tweaking Favre with 'Top 10'

Brett Favre landing with the Minnesota Vikings this week was fodder for David Letterman's most recent Top 10 list.

The host of CBS-TV's "Late Show" had sport with Favre with his list Wednesday night and seemed to display some local knowledge with a couple of the reasons (see Nos. 6 and 2).

Now, with that signature drum roll, here are the "Top 10 reasons Brett Favre came out of retirement":

10 - Blew his savings on a two-day taco binge.

9 - No reason to stay home every day now that "Guiding Light" has been canceled.

8 - Worried Obama's death panels might try to take him out.

7 - In this economy, someone offers you a job, you grab it.

6 - Wants to raise and then dash hopes of another city's fans.

5 - Couldn't' take another trip to Pottery Barn with his wife.

4 - Lured by a lucrative contract and free jar of Icy Hot.

3 - Concussions made me krazy!

2 - Who could resist chance to spend glorious winter in Minnesota?

1 - Oh, oh, wait. He just retired again.
Securb Wrote:Week 1 very close Nostradamus

I really didn't think he'd want to play much of the preseason.
I'm curious why he was allowed to "retire" out of his contract with the Jets and sign with the Vikings just a few months later.

It's setting a dangerous precedent. If a players wants off a team, can they just pull a Farve?
[Image: 2r3wl6w.jpg]
Speng Wrote:I'm curious why he was allowed to "retire" out of his contract with the Jets and sign with the Vikings just a few months later.

It's setting a dangerous precedent. If a players wants off a team, can they just pull a Farve?

I don't think the Jets mind too much.
Speng Wrote:I'm curious why he was allowed to "retire" out of his contract with the Jets and sign with the Vikings just a few months later.

The way it works is if you have 4 years left on your contract and you retire but come back in two years your old team still has the rights to you for those remaining two years. The Ricky Williams scenario.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22