TMR Zoo Message Board
What's for dinner - Printable Version

+- TMR Zoo Message Board (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards)
+-- Forum: The Zoo Zones (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Forum: Beer, Food and Liquor (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: What's for dinner (/showthread.php?tid=10190)

RE: What's for Dinner? - johnjohn - 01-04-2015

Uh oh.

This could be serious.

RE: What's for Dinner? - CTN - 01-04-2015

I ended up going with the low effort option.
We had a bunch of freezing rain dumped on us over the weekend so I didn't want to walk too long or risk wiping out on the ice (which I nearly did a couple times). I needed to go to the expensive local grocery store that's a short walk away to get some dishwasher detergent.

Grabbed some macaroni salad and smoked mackerel when I was there. Chopped some red onion, flaked the mackerel and mixed it all up into the macaroni salad with some of the ghost chili/pineapple hot sauce my friend made and gave me. It's not really a full meal or particularly healthy or balanced, but fuck it, I have no motivation right now.

Still gotta make a proper trip to the other grocery store that's less expensive but further away.

RE: What's for Dinner? - lreese - 01-05-2015

In honor of Bruce I'm doing vegan night tonight!!! But only tonight...

Can 'o refried beans, salsa and frozen sweet tater fries! Top it off with a little dark chocolate (really).

RE: What's for Dinner? - CTN - 01-06-2015

I had wings and beer while watching Canada destroy Russia at the junior men's hockey world championships. It was good.

RE: What's for Dinner? - Securb - 01-06-2015

(01-05-2015, 08:06 PM)lreese Wrote: In honor of Bruce I'm doing vegan night tonight!!! But only tonight...

Can 'o refried beans, salsa and frozen sweet tater fries! Top it off with a little dark chocolate (really).

Close but I am willing to bet the beans had some kind of animal/milk fat in them and the chocolate had milk. None for me for a while. I make some killer refried beans with tons of butter.

I did a killer veggie stir fry last night with fresh pineapple and crushed red pepper.

RE: What's for Dinner? - lreese - 01-06-2015

The beans were organic fat free, but I got lazy and ate the chocolate from another batch I had (it did have some milk product).

The batch I eat from the most is 100% cacao per the package. I'll sweeten with a little stevia based pancake syrup mixed with Joseph's Sugar Free syrup (the artificial sweetener is not good, but the small amount I use won't matter)

RE: What's for Dinner? - Securb - 01-06-2015

Fire roasted potatoes w/ caramelized onions, sweet potatoes and broccolini.

[Image: B6tWjWOCcAE6_39.jpg:large]

RE: What's for Dinner? - CTN - 01-07-2015

yesterday, had lahmajoun and zatar mini pizzas, some dates, and washed it down with a tall bottle of laban ayran.

if anyone knows wtf I just said, you win bonus points at life.

RE: What's for Dinner? - Securb - 01-07-2015

Pasta with white wine garlic sauce

[Image: B6ylBuZIcAAYm0u.jpg:large]

RE: What's for Dinner? - CTN - 01-07-2015

I had some merguez sausages, markouk bread, baba ganoush and tabouli.

yum.