TMR Zoo Message Board
The Brett Favre Thread - Printable Version

+- TMR Zoo Message Board (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards)
+-- Forum: The Zoo Zones (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Forum: Sports: All Chatter for all leagues (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Brett Favre Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1965)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

The Brett Favre Thread - Hooch - 05-11-2009

He'll play for a team this year, I have no doubt. He's going to wait until camp is over so he doesn't have to sweat in the summer sun, because gods don't need camp.

Going to a division rival after a storied career with one franchise is the shittiest thing a player can do. The Packers should give his number away this season if he goes there.

The Brett Favre Thread - Gator - 05-12-2009

I heard this morning that he was throwing a few balls to that high school team in Hattiesburg and after about 10 tosses he told his agent that his arm was starting to hurt.

I'm not so sure he's coming back so fast.

The Brett Favre Thread - Speng - 05-12-2009

He'll be back this year, the drama about if he's coming back will stretch all Summer long...he loves the attention.

As far as his arm hurting, you can't believe a word the guy says. He's killed any credibility he ever had.

The Brett Favre Thread - Speng - 05-16-2009

The latest media reports around here have Favre shooting his mouth off, "The Packers don't want me joining the Vikings because I'll kick their ass twice a year".

Apparently he'll single handedly beat the team. :rolleyes:

The Brett Favre Thread - Securb - 05-17-2009

Speng Wrote:The latest media reports around here have Favre shooting his mouth off, "The Packers don't want me joining the Vikings because I'll kick their ass twice a year".

Apparently he'll single handedly beat the team. :rolleyes:

He should join the Vikings. The way he throws picks he will hit more Packers in a season than he ever did. ;)

The Brett Favre Thread - Speng - 05-17-2009

Michael Irvin on Favre:

“I can’t understand this for the life of me,” Irvin said of the looming speculation and rumor that Favre will unretire to play for the Vikings. “I love Brett and I appreciate his competitiveness and I appreciate the times he didn’t listen to anyone. Because I remember the Monday night after he lost his father and everybody said, ‘Brett, don’t play. Just don’t play, Brett. It’s too tough for you.’ He didn’t listen. It was one of his greatest assets. He didn’t listen and he showed up and he played great and we have a memorable moment to remember on that Monday night, watching Brett Favre play that game because he did not listen to anyone.

“But the reality is now it’s time for him to start listening. His greatest asset is becoming his greatest liability. I hate the fact that you’re sitting here saying, ‘I want to go to Minnesota.’ You hate [Packers G.M.] Ted Thompson that much that you’re ready to kill each one of those Green Bay fans that cheered you on, that are going to put your kids through college? They made you the rich man that you are. Why kill them? Just let that thing go, Brett. Stay retired and you can make umpteen millions of dollars on number four jerseys in Green Bay.

“But if you go back to Green Bay wearing that Minnesota jersey? Oh, it’s a wrap, buddy. You lose your whole legacy with that.”

The Brett Favre Thread - Hooch - 05-18-2009

Mr. Favre,

Michael Irvin just became the voice of reason in your situation.

Think about that.

The Brett Favre Thread - Securb - 05-18-2009

Hooch Wrote:Mr. Favre,

Michael Irvin just became the voice of reason in your situation.

Think about that.

Despite being caught with crack cocaine 3 maybe 4 times I think Irving's legacy is more intact than Favre's

The Brett Favre Thread - Hooch - 06-09-2009

Favre group reserves 25-30 rooms in Green Bay during weekend of Vikings visit.

Quote:How close is Brett Favre to joining the Minnesota Vikings?

Close enough that his family and friends have reserved a block of hotel rooms in Green Bay for Nov. 1, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette. That's when the Vikings are scheduled to play the Packers at Lambeau Field.

The newspaper reported that about two months ago, a person described as "a member of Favre's inner circle" blocked off between 25 and 30 rooms at the Midway Motor Lodge.

"They called and said if he goes to Minnesota they definitely want to be at the game," said Doug Warpinski, the manager of the hotel, according to the report. He said Favre's family and friends routinely stayed at the hotel for home games in Favre's last five seasons with the Packers.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Ed Werder have reported that according to two sources, Vikings coach Brad Childress has imposed a deadline of this week for Favre to decide whether he will be the team's quarterback for the upcoming season. Favre, however, is apparently reluctant to commit to playing a 19th NFL season without first being more confident the arthroscopic surgery Dr. James Andrews recently performed on his throwing shoulder has succeeded in eliminating problems related to a torn biceps tendon.

If Favre decides against another comeback, his friends and family are not stuck with the hotel rooms. Payment does not have to be guaranteed until 45 days before the check-in date, so the group can cancel the reservations in the next two months without penalty.

The Brett Favre Thread - Gator - 06-09-2009

With Favre's history, if he has 45 days before the check in date, he'll make them sweat it out until a week before the deadline,
then tell them he's still considering it, then let another 21 days go by,
then tell them the problem is keeping him up at nights,
then let another week go by,
then tell them he can't eat breakfast anymore,
then let another 14 days go by,
then tell them, hey, Sage Rosenfels is a fine QB