TMR Zoo Message Board
Well this sux. - Printable Version

+- TMR Zoo Message Board (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Rants, Raves and Random Chatter (http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: Well this sux. (/showthread.php?tid=7162)

Pages: 1 2

Well this sux. - GoldenVulture - 12-06-2014

I have a laptop in my possesion that belongs to a customer, I was in the process of ridding it of a virus. I plug in the power pack today and turn on the laptop and left it running for about ten minutes to see if it came up with any detections. That's when it went ding ! virus found. While i'm checking that out, up comes a " low battery warning ".???

I check out the power pack. It's all plugged in, feels warm so I stick a multi meter on the output to the laptop... nothing. The fucking thing has died. No idea why but as it's in my possesion the customer will probably consider it my responsibilty to fix/replace it at no cost. They can't be fixed with out creating cosmetic damage because they are a sealed plastic box. The only way to open them is to crack the case. Not really an acceptable fix to most people.

This is really annoying. I think I'll blame it on the full moon and cosmic rays.

RE: Well this sux. - Securb - 12-07-2014

Tell you found inappropriate pictures on it and tell him to get the hell out of your shop before you call the police.

RE: Well this sux. - GoldenVulture - 12-08-2014

Hahaha !! It belongs to a woman in her fifties [ younger chic ] and there isn't a sceric of anything inappropriate on it. She's going to cop the cost of the Power Unit as it had performed badly anyway. Intermittent non charging of the battery.

RE: Well this sux. - johnjohn - 12-08-2014

Photoshop her face getting 'friendly' with Speng's goat?

RE: Well this sux. - lreese - 12-08-2014

I know someone who is lonely - Is the goat hot?

huge grin

RE: Well this sux. - johnjohn - 12-08-2014

Two words mate - Satin.Garters

RE: Well this sux. - GoldenVulture - 12-08-2014

Hey! start up your own thread you goat sexters.angry

RE: Well this sux. - kinnikuman - 12-08-2014

what a rookie repair man.

RE: Well this sux. - GoldenVulture - 12-09-2014

(12-08-2014, 11:33 PM)kinnikuman Wrote: what a rookie I am, man.
Fixed:nana:

Diagnosed a failing welder last week. it's going again . Just a failed component. One 220 ohm 20 watt ceramic resistor. Any idea what the fuck that is rookie ?

On the menu is ; wire up an evaporative cooler control mechanism for a local. It's a roof version mounted on a portable trolley for a local guys rather large man shed. you could stick a couple of buses in it easily. It has hoists and all manner of mechanical devices.
He's got two early seventies manaros in there he's restoring and there's another one out under the annex to the shed. There is a road usable one too plus a psuedo sandman ute. An FB in almost mint condition and more manaros and things at another property. He has a rather extensive collection of them.

Poofter !

RE: Well this sux. - kinnikuman - 12-09-2014

(12-09-2014, 07:42 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: Fixed:nana:

Diagnosed a failing welder last week. it's going again . Just a failed component. One 220 ohm 20 watt ceramic resistor. Any idea what the fuck that is rookie ?

On the menu is ; wire up an eavporative cooler control mechanism for a local. It's a roof version mounted on a portable trolley for a local guys rather large man shed. you could stick a couple of buses in it easily. It has hoists and all manner of mechanical devices.
He's got two early seventies manaros in there he's restoring and there's another one out under the annex to the shed. There is a road usable one too plus a psuedo sandman ute. An FB in almost mint condition and more manaros and things at another property. He has a rather extensive collection of them.

Poofter !

I can ask my brother? He will know.

My family is rich in drag racing and car nostalgia so you had me sold at mans shed.