Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contests
Chocklit Wrote:Hooch, you need to include one more little bit of information on your main contest page:

[SIZE="5"]Contests open to U.S. residents only. [/SIZE]

Anything else he can do to save you a few clicks? :rolleyes:
I'd say assume that they are only open to residents of the United States.

Shit, can't you remember if you looked at a particular contest page the day before?
Chocklit Wrote:They are now, but they weren't there before. I have witnesses.

But thanks that they are back, and thanks also for the list of winners.

I think you're getting this site and Dan's site confused. Dan doesn't have a winner's list on his site...there's always been one here.

The only time there wasn't a winner's list here was when they were waiting for confirmation from the winners.
Speng Wrote:Anything else he can do to save you a few clicks? :rolleyes:
I'd say assume that they are only open to residents of the United States.

Shit, can't you remember if you looked at a particular contest page the day before?

My point is that the contests seem to be closed to Canadians again.

But I really don't care anymore.
Ooops, I crapped my pants
Speng Wrote:I think you're getting this site and Dan's site confused. Dan doesn't have a winner's list on his site...there's always been one here.

The only time there wasn't a winner's list here was when they were waiting for confirmation from the winners.

Nope, the "old" TMR site had taken down the winner's list and there was a lengthy discussion about returning it.

And I didn't know Dan's site had a contest section.

Believe it or not, some of us have a life outside the internet.
Ooops, I crapped my pants
Chocklit Wrote:Believe it or not, some of us have a life outside the internet.

Believe it or not we have lives outside the internet also. The short answer is it sucks shipping stuff into Canada, there is paperwork to be filled out where as in the US we throw on a stamp and dump the package in the mailbox. There will be opportunities for Canadians to win stuff on the site later. We are bouncing new ideas off of each other every day.

Right now we don’t have the bandwidth to work all day, run the site and then fill out customs forms all night. I have just taken on some of the shipping duties with Steve and even just doing the US stuff it takes a bit of time

I am pretty sure Beat the House will be open to Canadians give that a try. LOL
Chocklit Wrote:Nope, the "old" TMR site had taken down the winner's list and there was a lengthy discussion about returning it.

Believe it or not, some of us have a life outside the internet.

I don't get what your point is, this isn't TMR.

As for having a life outside the internet, I'm not going to get into a juvenile debate that 15 year olds have.
i have a life away from the internet...

i call it "the time I'm not masturbating"
I could post that contest are open to everyone worldwide... then only cherrypick winners from the US. I'd get worldwide traffic, and only US postage. That would rock!
Securb Wrote:We are bouncing new ideas off of each other every day.

Ideas aren't the only thing you guys are bouncing off of each other.
When life gives you lemons, just say 'Fuck the lemons,' and bail.
Hooch Wrote:I could post that contest are open to everyone worldwide... then only cherrypick winners from the US. I'd get worldwide traffic, and only US postage. That would rock!

Well shit, pick away man!