Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fran Tarkenton Inducted Into The TMRZOO Jackass Hall Of Fame
Let me premise this with saying I am not defending Brett Favre. Brett was the Quarterback of our TMR 2008 All Jackass Team, if he plays this year for The Vikings he is a lock for the 2009 squad. The thought of him across the field from his old team wearing Purple and Yellow has sickened many Green Bay fans.

Adding fuel to the fire Aaron Rogers comes out and says ?Brett hasn?t talked to him in a year?. Aaron man up and stop being a little bitch. I have ex-coworkers I haven?t talked to in a year. You don?t see me crying about it, I could care less if Brett Favre took my call.

Aaron made this statement to Micheal Irving who has been out spoken about this situation. Irving said ?Brett. Stay retired and you can make umpteen millions of dollars on #4 jerseys in Green Bay. But if you go back to Green Bay wearing that Minnesota jersey? Oh, it?s a wrap, buddy. You lose your whole legacy with that."

Irving should look at his own house before talking about Bret Favre?s legacy. There is more about Irving?s arrests than his career on his Wikipedia page. While we are talking about legacies I may as well bring up the man of the hour Fran Tarkenton.

Fran, or should I say Francis is a legend in Minnesota. Sadly Fran was never able to bring home the hardware despite 3 trips to the big show. His first Superbowl he was totally embarrassed by my Miami Dolphins.

Fran stated in regards to the Bret Favre on his appearance on Atlanta's 790 the Zone

"I think it's despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here's an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasn't about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre's of the world so much, they think it's about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He's 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year (playing for) the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers. I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail."

Fran you douchebag! I don?t care if your team has Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at Quarterback, you don?t hope for your team to fail. This is the most asinine statement made in the history of Football.

Once again ?I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail."

Do you mean like you failed 3 times Fran? The guy claims he was born a Viking and will die a Viking but wants the team to fail if they sign a living legend to the team. I don?t know if Fran is jealous of Bret?s Superbowl ring or if he is just getting old and stupid.

Never the less this statement has earned Fran Tarkenton a spot in our version of Canton, Ohio. Fran is the first inductee into the TMR Jackass Hall of Fame. I can?t stress what a douche this man truly is. I call on The Vikings fans to strip their stadium of every mention of this bitter old coot.

Brett don?t worry we are sizing up a TMR green blazer for you also my friend. We will save you a spot right next to Fran.
Fran is of he old school mentality with team loyalty. Before free agency really took off, players stayed loyal to the team. A guy like Fran wouldn't have taken any money to go play for another NFC Central team and get one more season in. That's from a day when loyalty went both ways. Now, it's more about business.

One thing no one mentions about Favre is that since his 2nd Super Bowl in 97, he's been to one conference championship game. So, really, what about having him as your QB lets a team think they are instantly contenders?

This also is a great example of QBs getting to much praise and criticism for championships. Tark is looked down upon for being on a losing team 3 times. Favre won a championship, but he only got there twice. For Packer QBs, he's third on the list of championships won.
Will it blend? That is the question.
Prog Wrote:Fran is of he old school mentality with team loyalty. Before free agency really took off, players stayed loyal to the team.

He begged to be traded to the Giants.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TMRzoo Fantasy Football 2016 Hooch 419 390,823 08-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Van
  2010 TMRZOO NFL DRAFT Gator 13 16,299 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Hooch
  OFFICIAL: TMR Zoo 2009 NFL Total Jackass Team Nomination Thread Hooch 25 26,577 02-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Securb
  TMRZoo BCS Bowl Games Preview, Part I Gator 1 2,813 01-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Gator
  2009 NFL Total Jackass Team Securb 4 5,622 12-22-2009, 06:51 AM
  2009 NFL Total Jackass Team Hooch 12 14,691 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Hooch
  Around the Bases Vol XIII: Perfect Games, Hall of Fame, Trades Gator 2 3,239 07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ransack
  Still Hall of Fame Worthy? You Decide Gator 9 8,683 06-24-2009, 10:25 AM
  Hall Opens Doors For Henderson, Rice Gator 4 4,918 01-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Prog
  2009 MLB Hall of Fame: Rickey Gets In, Does Rice?? Gator 1 2,447 01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gator