Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro Gaming
That really takes me back to a different time and space.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
very nice score.
I need to stop buying stuff. I just picked up another Atari lot, this time a mint Darth Vader model, twenty nine games (with some rarer titles), six joysticks, two paddles, the touchpad and a set of the keyboards (for Basic Programming).

There was also a plug and play Pac Man game, some Texas Instrument joysticks and a few other joysticks, two for the Sega Genesis and a few I can't identify. It was only $35, which I feel was a great deal.
[Image: syv95jv.jpg]
On/off Retro gamer here. I have fond memories of commodore 64, I remember typing out pages of code to play games. It seems like another life time now and i am only 29 haha.

Raphs Greatest games were streetfighter, killer instinct, earth worm jim, bomberman, starfox,donkey kong country, mortal kombat etc.

Pc stuff like diablo, myth2, baldures gate, total annihilation, kingdoms, carmaggedon.

Also heaps of 64.

Then i [retty much gave up on modern games because it fucks with my eyes.

I actually always envisioned myself making a arcade cabinet and running a pc tower and roms through it. But yeah it hasn't happened yet.
Some woman answered my Craigslist ad looking for INTV games. She offered me twenty two PS1 and PS2 games for free. Not one to turn down free or cheap video games shit, I jumped on that deal. There's some pretty decent games too.
I just picked up an Intellivison Flashback system for $15. Brand new, still sealed. The woman bought it for a Christmas present but it wasn't wanted. The price sticker said $44.99.
Keep flashing back to the stand alone setup of Combat I had in the mid 70s , we played that thing for at least 10 years and it was wonderful. Disappeared without a trace.[Image: coleco_combat_1.jpg]
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
I saw the vintage reissues at Sam's Club before Christmas for $30-$40 depending on the console. It was very tempting.
Because I said so. 
(01-12-2015, 05:23 PM)LesStrat Wrote: I saw the vintage reissues at Sam's Club before Christmas for $30-$40 depending on the console. It was very tempting.

Sadly, the ColecoVision flashback is supposed to suck. The sound and gameplay isn't right and the controllers are really flimsy.

I'll probably get one anyway, if I find one cheap enough.

(01-12-2015, 03:50 PM)Oinkus Wrote: Keep flashing back to the stand alone setup of Combat I had in the mid 70s , we played that thing for at least 10 years and it was wonderful. Disappeared without a trace.[Image: coleco_combat_1.jpg]

That's cool, I've never seen that before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PC GAMING IS NOT DEAD 3daddict 8 13,128 01-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Oinkus
  OtakuDante's Gaming Inferno Brad 0 3,793 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Brad
  Champions of Gaming Tournament IceColdBeer 2 4,338 11-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Securb
  Video: Graphics Evolves Beyond Gaming With New NVIDIA GeForce GTX 200 GPUs Securb 2 3,717 06-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Last Post: pervertfreak