Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cable no more
My wife and I had been flirting with the idea of canceling cable in favor of streaming services for about a year. A month ago, we finally did it. So far, it kind of sucks to pay $2 a shot for new episodes of Walking Dead (I'm 3 episodes behind, please no spoilers), but overall it's been great.

I signed up for Amazon prime, and found a million shows I've been wanting to watch for forever. Justified, The Shield, The Wire, Sopranos, Deadwood... With no fucking commercials!!!!!

Not to mention, $80/month for cable compared to $16 for Netflix and Amazon.
One thing I've thought about doing is setting up a proxy server that gives me access to Netflix UK. They have a lot of shows up a day or two after they air, like Better Call Saul and (I assume, since it's AMC as well) The Walking Dead.

How are you liking this half season? I binged and watched the whole thing in one night. I was tired as hell but holy fuck, what a ride.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

Why go through all the trouble when you can watch all of those shows yourself for free on line. Don't hit this site without an adblocker and make sure you malware blockers are up to snuff.

http://www.cucirca.eu/
I built a MythTV box years ago and never looked back. Except for now, because the motherboard blew up, and I'm having to rebuild it, but I don't even have to fast forward over commercials.
We ditched cable about 5 years ago and haven't looked back.

We have Netflix and Funimation accounts, between those and going to TV station websites we find plenty to watch and only rent the odd movie.

What we used to spend in one month for cable and satellite now gives us almost 6 months of access.
I think it's interesting that the paid television providers have yet to figure out that the real value is in the delivery system, not the content. Give up cable? No problem. Give up cable internet? Over my dead body. (U-Verse in my case, but the point still stands.)
I'm so freaking happy to be away from cable. We've been using a Roku for years now. There is one in every room here. With just Netflix and Hulu plus, I get everything I want to see.

I do pay for HBO, but that's because like a lot of the series that come on. GOT, The leftovers...

It worked out pretty well in our favor. Our cable bill was around $150 a month when we switched. Now we pay $45 a month for a fast ass internet, and about $20 more a month for the Channels that we have.

FUCK CABLE!
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.
(05-01-2015, 10:52 AM)karpathion Wrote: I do pay for HBO, but that's because like a lot of the series that come on. GOT, The leftovers...

You said it right there.  "The Leftovers" was a really great show.  I can't wait until Season 2 starts up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes That90'sGuy's post:

I just found another great site. Live streaming of network TV all over the country. I can watch my Dolphins preseason game tonight.

http://freetvall.com/
(08-13-2015, 02:45 PM)Securb Wrote: I just found another great site. Live streaming of network TV all over the country. I can watch my Dolphins preseason game tonight.

http://freetvall.com/

Is this a legit site?