Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Veg, Falbo, any other Ibanez nerds, get in here.
(06-24-2015, 10:18 AM)Big Flannel Wrote: I should get around to fixing mine.

Once it's done, it will be a BEAST of a guitar...but I have no technical skills

Shit, now I feel terrible.

I love my 315's and have had absolutely no trouble with the bridge on either one.  But then again, I've never tried to replace them with something better.

Sorry!  If I steered anyone wrong I'll buy that shit off you and give it a home.
Someone should put that in their signature…
(06-25-2015, 05:35 AM)Dr. Vegetable Wrote: Shit, now I feel terrible.

I love my 315's and have had absolutely no trouble with the bridge on either one.  But then again, I've never tried to replace them with something better.

Sorry!  If I steered anyone wrong I'll buy that shit off you and give it a home.

Don't feel bad, bro.

I suspect that the age of the harware just didn't fare well beinh shipped clear across the country in a matter of days. It happens. (Not Agile's fault either. It's an old guitar)

Formula has told me what he would do as far as retro-fitting a new bridge and whatnot. I'm just not in a position where I feel comfortable doing the work myself and I don't know many if any guitar techs do bribe into doing lol.

The neck could use some work too, but we'll see.

If I decide that the task is too much for me, you'll be the first one I contact.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
You don't know anyone that works on guitars for cheap really? CTN basic woodworking and soldering skills are not remotely TECHNICAL the way I was thinking at the time I typed it was definition 2 - tech·ni·cal
ˈteknək(ə)l/
adjective
of or relating to a particular subject, art, or craft, or its techniques.
"technical terms"
of, involving, or concerned with applied and industrial sciences.
"an important technical achievement"
synonyms: practical, scientific, technological, high-tech-----Now that being said , you have to just make an effort and do it instead of saying things like I can't.
"an important technical achievement"
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
ah fair enough.

though guitar building/repair is a lot more than basic woodworking and soldering :)

I think it's almost equal parts artistry and technical skill.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ibanez Acoustic Oinkus 2 3,638 05-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Oinkus