Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for dinner
I had some incredible leftover "Thai Basil Rice" hot out of the microwave. Oh, yeah!
Someone should put that in their signature…
No one dropped by with the chocolate shakes, so I had a bag of onion rings instead. Hot out of the oven!

Hmm - the term "chocolate shakes" just does not sound kosher... huge grin
Listless Vessels!
The kids are coming over, and we are having a cheat day dinner, a break from my diet. This menu is the lineup for Saturday. 

Southern Fried Chicken - Mom's recipe
BBQ ribs  - Mom's recipe
Collard Greens  - Mom's recipe
Mac and Cheese  - Mom's recipe
Cornbread and biscuits 
Since the grease for the chicken will be hot some fresh cut french fries. 

I will also be drinking copious beers for the first time since New Year's 
(04-14-2016, 09:51 PM)Securb Wrote: The kids are coming over, and we are having a cheat day dinner, a break from my diet. This menu is the lineup for Saturday. 

Southern Fried Chicken - Mom's recipe
BBQ ribs  - Mom's recipe
Collard Greens  - Mom's recipe
Mac and Cheese  - Mom's recipe
Cornbread and biscuits 
Since the grease for the chicken will be hot some fresh cut french fries. 

I will also be drinking copious beers for the first time since New Year's 

Are you sure you're not from Georgia? That sounds just like Meemaw's, every sunday dinner. 

Got any Chow-Chow or peeper sauce to go with those greens? I'll be there about dinner time.
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.
(04-14-2016, 10:04 PM)karpathion Wrote: Are you sure you're not from Georgia? That sounds just like Meemaw's, every sunday dinner. 

Got any Chow-Chow or peeper sauce to go with those greens? I'll be there about dinner time.

Boston raised but the family has southern roots. Sauces are automatic. Various hot sauces, chicken gravy, and my homemade honey mustard sauce, my daughter won't touch chicken without it. You have an open invite anytime you want. 
Put some cracklin's in that cornbread, seeing you're going to have a cheat day.

[Image: k2-_b1e012cd-18ad-41cd-ad2e-d93a5680f454.v1.jpg]
Listless Vessels!
[-] The following 2 users Like lreese's post:

(04-15-2016, 06:48 AM)lreese Wrote: Put some cracklin's in that cornbread, seeing you're going to have a cheat day.

[Image: k2-_b1e012cd-18ad-41cd-ad2e-d93a5680f454.v1.jpg]

Good luck finding pork craklins up here. 

I did decide to go with one regular and done jalapeno cornbread. The chicken is sitting in a mixture of buttermilk, egg and honey right now.  Ribs go in the oven in an hour.

[Image: CgLEUbrUUAAf0nq.jpg:large]
(04-16-2016, 10:56 AM)Securb Wrote: Good luck finding pork craklins up here. 

I did decide to go with one regular and done jalapeno cornbread. 

Cracklins can be shipped.  But my choice really is Chiphotle in adobo sauce you find in the mexican section of most grocery stores.
[/url][url=http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tmrzoo.com%2Fboards%2Fnewreply.php%3Ftid%3D427%26replyto%3D95722&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCgLEUbrUUAAf0nq.jpg%3Alarge&xm=h&xv=sa1.37.01&xuid=Gu8z0ek3cWmM&description=]
Listless Vessels!
I just ate a huge plate of leftovers and I am getting ready to crack a beer. The carbfest cheat day has been held over for a second show.
A box of "Southwestern Black Bean" soup and couple of peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

Sometimes simple food hits the spot - Been eating the PB&H sandwiches at least once a week lately.
Listless Vessels!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ahhhhhh, my dinner! :D CTN 8 11,389 05-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Last Post: CTN