Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for dinner
Speng Wrote:I had BLTs for dinner, that shit was good. Fresh garden tomatoes and instead of lettuce I used alfafa sprouts.

bacon and alfafa sprouts just to piss off the hippies
Having ribs, collard greens, smoked chicken, black eyed peas, potato salad and corn bread.
IN DINNER I WANTS TO EAT PIZZA ...I LIKE IT ....
jeneth Wrote:IN DINNER I WANTS TO EAT PIZZA ...I LIKE IT ....

I bet you do

[Image: ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3A%2F%2Fi.hayma....jpg&w=460]
Having American Chop Suey for dinner, I thought comfort food would be nice in these frigid temps.
Man, I can't remember the last time I had Chop Suey. How cold is it there?
Speng Wrote:Man, I can't remember the last time I had Chop Suey. How cold is it there?

Its in the teens. We had American Chop Suey. A New England thing I have heard, it is called Goulash in the midwest. Tomato sauce, hamburger, onions, peppers and cheese.

[Image: amerchopsuey.jpg]
Securb Wrote:Tomato sauce, hamburger, onions, peppers and cheese.

We'd probably call that beef caserole or chili mac around here. Goulash in this area is usually Hungarian style but anything's possible. There are so many different regional things in this immediate area.

My Mom would make hers with chunks of beef or pork, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, rice and broth...I guess that's not very American.
Speng Wrote:We'd probably call that beef caserole or chili mac around here. Goulash in this area is usually Hungarian style but anything's possible. There are so many different regional things in this immediate area.

The wife calls it Baked Pasta and looked at me like I had 4 heads the first time I called it American Chop Suey. I remember it even being called American Chop Suey on the school lunch calender. Wikipedia says it is a New England thing.
Got potato salad and ribs going for the game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ahhhhhh, my dinner! :D CTN 8 11,406 05-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Last Post: CTN