Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for dinner
(01-07-2015, 10:15 AM)CTN Wrote: yesterday, had lahmajoun and zatar mini pizzas, some dates, and washed it down with a tall bottle of laban ayran.

if anyone knows wtf I just said, you win bonus points at life.

Do you have a good lahmajoun for when I jump back on the meat band wagon?
Made some nice tenderloin steaks with a bit of good ol' Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce on top. French fries on the side.

Nice to have some proper food after days of living on ryebread and tuna salad.
(01-08-2015, 06:33 AM)Securb Wrote: Do you have a good lahmajoun for when I jump back on the meat band wagon?

recipe? regrettably no. I went to my local middle eastern grocery store and picked those up. They were great, but not as great as I remember from the local bakery in Dubai that used a wood-fired brick oven and tossed the dough/applied toppings fresh, right in front of you, made to order.

that was ridonkulous.
Rum.

Its been a bad day.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
This is actually pretty sad. I made some vegan corn bread and potato salad. I will have some candied yams and black eyed peas (no pork) along with the spuds and the salad. Yes this plate is screaming for some brisket, ribs or my famous sirloin tips.
eat some fish bruce.

proteinerrific, healthy, full of good fats and oils, and if you cook it right, tasty as fuuuuuuuk
(01-10-2015, 04:16 PM)CTN Wrote: eat some fish bruce.

proteinerrific, healthy, full of good fats and oils, and if you cook it right, tasty as fuuuuuuuk

I live in the seafood capital of the world and absolutely hate it. I decided to have the spud salad tomorrow and went with some rice. This was the best meal I have had since New Years. Freaking delicious.

[Image: B7BPSoSIUAAkGSD.jpg]
Been watching some stuff with chef David Chang and saw how ramen is made both in Japan and it's adptions here in N.A.

So, tonight I made ramen:

[Image: imagejpg1_zps05614c32.jpg]

The real key is in the broth, so I spent two days making it.
The veg was a mix of celery, carrot and pickle for texture and flavour contrast; the chicken I seasoned lightly and then cooked so it would have a texture like pork loin; the fat for the bottom came off the stock I made for the broth and then I rendered it down to purify it; and the eggs were cooked using a combo of Chang's poaching method and Heston Blumenthal's melecular gastronomy approach for hard cooked eggs.

Overall: tasty and really filling

A few things I'm going to do differently next time, such as change the noodles (I want to go with a more alkaline noodle); going to make the stock and fat render with a combo of beef, chicken and veg instead of chicken and veg; add radish to the veg line-up; and I'm going to use some nori in between the fat and the noodles when I assemble.

And Bruce, if you're gonna continue to eat like Speng's goat then do yourself a favour and go get some chunna masalaa.
It's so friggen tasty, (my second fav Indian dish next to butter chicken) that if you don't enjoy it then you need your head examined.
Or get some tabouli and falafel, that is also some damn fine eating.
That looks so fucking good.
You could do a vegan version, subbing chick peas in for meat in the broth.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ahhhhhh, my dinner! :D CTN 8 11,406 05-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Last Post: CTN