Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texans Trade Osweiler
Texans just traded Osweiler to the Browns. Seems like they are vying for Romo.

EDIT: Found it funny that ESPN's "QB Carousel" said this was a fat chance 

[attachment=715]
Did they cut him yet?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hooch's post:

(03-10-2017, 09:07 AM)Hooch Wrote: Did they cut him yet?

They the Browns? (Osweiler) Or they the Cowboys? (Romo)

One of the sports radio hosts here was saying the Browns can somehow cut Osweiler with almost zero cap space hit with his $16million is fully gauranteed so esentially paying $16million for a second rounder with little impact on their cap...not sure how that works but I am not an expert on the NFL Cap. lol Others are still scratching their heads as to the why–Browns have mentioned Osweiler competing but looks like they are trying to trade him...all for a second rounder. 
(03-10-2017, 09:56 AM)treyhaislip Wrote: They the Browns? (Osweiler) Or they the Cowboys? (Romo)

One of the sports radio hosts here was saying the Browns can somehow cut Osweiler with almost zero cap space hit with his $16million is fully gauranteed so esentially paying $16million for a second rounder with little impact on their cap...not sure how that works but I am not an expert on the NFL Cap. lol Others are still scratching their heads as to the why–Browns have mentioned Osweiler competing but looks like they are trying to trade him...all for a second rounder. 

Yeah, I meant Osweiler.  I wonder if he has any real trade value after getting benched last year... but then again he did come back from that to win a playoff game (on the defense's back)  They pretty much did as you described, bought a second round pick.  If they can move Osweiler and get anything for him it is a bonus.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hooch's post:

(03-10-2017, 10:41 AM)Hooch Wrote: Yeah, I meant Osweiler.  I wonder if he has any real trade value after getting benched last year... but then again he did come back from that to win a playoff game (on the defense's back)  They pretty much did as you described, bought a second round pick.  If they can move Osweiler and get anything for him it is a bonus.  

I don't see him having too much trade value, especially at $16m guaranteed–he did not play up to the hype (especially the whole mad at the Broncos for benching him for Manning...) But then again, stranger things have happened... 
At least the Texans were smart enough to cut bait quick. The Browns will never stop collecting shit QBs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Securb's post:

(03-11-2017, 02:31 PM)Securb Wrote: At least the Texans were smart enough to cut bait quick. The Browns will never stop collecting shit QBs.

Yup, the Browns getting Osweiler was the typical Browns thing to do.
Now the Browns are looking at Geno Smith as a backup! Is someone in that front office trying to get fired?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Securb's post:

(03-14-2017, 07:01 AM)Securb Wrote: Now the Browns are looking at Geno Smith as a backup! Is someone in that front office trying to get fired?

At what point do people actually realize they are failures....the owners are a joke. 
Football is funny , they pay bad players tens of millions of dollars ? I ask myself WTF are the thinking all the time ? I am just about done with sports having divorced NASCAR this season and just about done with the No Fun League too , kind of sad to give up things that have been a part of your life for 50 years. The owners are piling money into banks faster then just about anyone anywhere so I imagine they really don't give a crap what we think , say or do.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley