Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the Sexiest Cars I've seen
Hyundai released the new Genesis a couple weeks ago. The car looks amazing in my opinion. It comes with an optional V8 375hp engine, and starts under $40k.

[Image: 2806254455_74684937ba_o.jpg]

[Image: 2806254443_cc22886a80_o.jpg]

[Image: 2807101950_8d02247895_o.jpg]
Yeah, I dig it. They may have hit a home run. I hope that they have. I would love to see them succeed. I can't wait to see what the automotive press has to say about it. But even at around 38K it's still a little out of my price range. Not that I'm shopping for a luxury sedan though. I'm due for a vehicle very soon and am looking at the Toyota FJ Cruiser and the Honda Pilot.
A long time ago my daddy said, "Son, always cut away from yourself with a knife, treat every firearm as though it's loaded and never update your BIOS during a lightning storm".
Yeah the Genesis might do good things for Hyundai. They seem to have put together a pretty good sedan, all the right features, and finally a good drivetrain. 375hp, rear wheel drive,

Makes me laugh how they rebranded it... you can't tell in those photos because the car above is branded as a Hyundai. Elsewhere in the world, it's branded as a Genesis with no Hyundai logos or markings anywhere (Chinese and Korean market). They look like this:

[Image: hyundai-genesis-front.jpg]
[Image: hyundai-genesis-logo.jpg]
not to be harsh on the old Genesis but when you copy styling cues from mercedes and bmw how can you go wrong?
^^ haha well that's Hyundai's entire hook... all they do is copy other people's success. Funny thing is, it's working big time for them. They wind up with really decent cars who's inner working are improving every year.
Very nice.
Ooops, I crapped my pants
Fel Wrote:^^ haha well that's Hyundai's entire hook... all they do is copy other people's success. Funny thing is, it's working big time for them. They wind up with really decent cars who's inner working are improving every year.

seriously...... it's like they went to the company that makes the panels for another brand and put them on a Hyundai's chassis...
pervertfreak Wrote:Yeah, I dig it. They may have hit a home run. I hope that they have. I would love to see them succeed. I can't wait to see what the automotive press has to say about it. But even at around 38K it's still a little out of my price range. Not that I'm shopping for a luxury sedan though. I'm due for a vehicle very soon and am looking at the Toyota FJ Cruiser and the Honda Pilot.

They also have a v6 available for a few grand less. All in all it's still a very nice car, and is priced significantly less than its competition. I don't think too many cars can offer 375hp and luxury at that price range.
Doesnt do it for me. I will stay with my Lexus
Securb Wrote:Doesnt do it for me. I will stay with my Lexus

They did a comparison to the GS 350 with the Genesis. The cars were actually pretty close in the comparison, considering how much more the Lexus costs. Not bad at all...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cars Snake Aces 2 4,455 04-14-2016, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Smart Cars? Not so smart now are you! Securb 2 3,208 07-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Last Post: 3dR3
  Free cars for poor fuel road rage Securb 6 7,254 05-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Last Post: 3dR3
  box cars IceColdBeer 1 2,575 02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Last Post: IceColdBeer