Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer monitor recommendations
I’ve used Acer monitors at home for several years. My current 22W monitor has been great for about 5 years. It still works fine, but it only accepts VGA input.

The new laptop will only have HDMI output. I’m seriously considering an upgrade to 32”. I won’t be gaming, so it doesn’t have to be the “best” for graphics. I just want the real estate.

Recommendations?
Because I said so. 
Have gotten a few LGs they have performed well and lasted a long time.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oinkus's post:

Also, I’d prefer to keep it under $300.
Because I said so. 
We have a great LG tv that has lasted 8 or 9 years.

Are LG and Samsung still the suppliers for all LCD screens?
Because I said so. 
I ended up with this Samsung 27" curved monitor. It was a good deal, and so far it's a great monitor.

https://www.costco.com/Samsung-27%22-Cur...85079.html
Because I said so. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes LesStrat's post:

Samsung makes good TVs and monitors ,we like good deals!
Shopping for a monitor is difficult as you need consider many things when purchasing it like size, refresh rate, resolution, and now even which variable refresh rate technology it supports. Every one of these elements are critical while choosing a monitor that matches the supported technologies and performance of your PC. Be mindful so as not to get excessively made up for lost time in the details however, as most screens are sufficient to satisfy most of the people, and even the best gaming monitor under 500 dollars can give you amazing gaming experience.
Spam fail. 

I bought the monitor 14 months ago.
Because I said so. 
I reported it too , spam is something that is only good fried with a good crust.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oinkus's post:

You remember the saying "Good things come in small packages?"

A monitor is not one of them. :toast:
Listless Vessels!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LesStrat's Computer Saga: Episode 4378 LesStrat 113 110,937 05-17-2018, 07:23 AM
Last Post: GoldenVulture
  Happy 40th Birthday, Apple Computer Inc. Dr. Vegetable 0 2,784 04-01-2016, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  Please Help A Computer Idiot With A Web Surfing/Recording Desktop Jolly 7 11,110 05-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Jolly
  NVidia's Upcoming Tegra "Computer on a Chip" pervertfreak 2 3,924 05-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Eclecticos