Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Strat buid completed
Nuke 
Been off doing not a lot but thought I would post something here just because it seems to be unused. [Image: dHm1ujS.jpg]
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
[-] The following 2 users Like Oinkus's post:

:32: :32: :32:
Because I said so. 
Yeah , it plays and sounds REALLY good. A little fatter asymmetrical neck , ebony board , Jumbo SS frets and that is the Duncan SM 3 set because I couldn't afford Fralins. Great sounding pickups , very pleased with the results.
New build that is not going to be completed anytime soon. Squier Tele put the cheap $89 canadian maple Strat neck on it and some Babicz saddles plus straplocks. Plays and sounds good unplugged but the ceramic pickups suck. The plan was Fralin mini hum bridge , P90 middle and Hum neck. No work , no money so it is dead in the water. The Killer Q strap is really bright and decent , good value for the price $27. [Image: vEnf0sE.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Oinkus's post:

I love the idea of three Firebird pickups that is cool as all hell.
Sigler Music 920D premade pickguard and it is MUCH cooler than that ! It sounds like a Strat but more betterer ! One of these days I am going to buy the Brian May prebuilt pickguard to swap into this guitar for some more fun.
Random stupidity but after swapping out the wraparound bridge on a LTD Hybrid II for a TOM I just never got it right in 6 years or so. Gave it to my Pro and for $200 he transformed it into a brand new guitar. I was planning on putting Filtertrons into it but the SD STK P90s sound fantastic after a rewiring and are going to stay. Only thing it lacks is an ebony board and some SS frets and not happening probably ever. [Image: E29UeQe.jpg]
After I lost my job I bought a set of Fralin High output Tele pickups (A5s) overwound 5%. Put them in the Tele build and it is as done as it is ever going to get. Great sounding pickups just way too similar to the Custom tele build I already have so it is going into the closet forever to sit in a case. Random stupidity , blah ,blah and etc...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oinkus's post:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh fuck, why not order a new custom bass, right? Snake Aces 6 6,867 04-16-2016, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Revisiting the Clapton Strat... lreese 3 4,431 09-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Last Post: lreese
  Squire 60s CV Strat in the mail ! Oinkus 73 69,167 07-19-2015, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Oinkus
Big Grin Belated New PRS Day! Custom 22! ExplorersRock 14 14,875 03-29-2015, 07:31 AM
Last Post: JB From Hell
  Got an Ash 3XSingle Strat? lreese 0 2,114 12-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Last Post: lreese