Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12-Year Old McDonald's Hamburger Still Looking Good
http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2008...-good.html

[Image: 11rr9l3.jpg]

The McDonald's hamburger on the right is from 2008; the one on the left is from 1996. And they both look fairly edible.

Wellness educator and nutrition consultant Karen Hanrahan has kept a McDonald's hamburger since 1996 to illustrate its nonexistent ability to decay. Aside from drying out and bit and having "the oddest smell," it apparently hasn't changed much in the past 12 years.

This isn't the first time someone kept an uneaten McDonald's hamburger for an extended period of time for the sake of science. Or in the case of the Bionic Burger Museum, multiple burgers for over 19 years. There are even instructions on how to start your own collection of old, self-preserving burgers.
I bet 5 bucks if Perv found that in his car he would eat it
i've left a burger on my desk all afternoon and then ate it later.....

12 years is a bit of a stretch.....
3dR3 Wrote:i've left a burger on my desk all afternoon and then ate it later.....

12 years is a bit of a stretch.....

You need Perv to tell you the Sushi story
The problem with eating burgers that have sat around in a car for a couple of days is they get really dry and hard. Believe me I've tried. I had to email a link to that story to my brother who's a health nut. He's always warning me about feeding fast food to my kids. He says it's so full of man made shit that your body can't digest it and doesn't know what to do with it. This kinda proves him right.

3DR3, a long while back, God it could've been like two years ago, in one of my drunken online stupors, I started a thread about eating old food because that day I had eaten leftover sushi that had been sitting in my car for two or three days. And what's funny is just a few days ago I was telling a bunch of co-workers about the time I went camping with my buddies in Acadia National Park, Maine and gathered snails along the rocky coastline and took them back and boiled them in beer and ate them. The next day I had like a 104 degree fever and wasted the entire day shivering under a pile of sleeping bags and blankets while my friends went out hiking and mountian biking.
A long time ago my daddy said, "Son, always cut away from yourself with a knife, treat every firearm as though it's loaded and never update your BIOS during a lightning storm".
Fuck dude, you're crazy! I'll eat old food but there's no way I'd eat snails..unless it was a survival situation.
Quote:3DR3, a long while back, God it could've been like two years ago, in one of my drunken online stupors, I started a thread about eating old food because that day I had eaten leftover sushi that had been sitting in my car for two or three days. And what's funny is just a few days ago I was telling a bunch of co-workers about the time I went camping with my buddies in Acadia National Park, Maine and gathered snails along the rocky coastline and took them back and boiled them in beer and ate them. The next day I had like a 104 degree fever and wasted the entire day shivering under a pile of sleeping bags and blankets while my friends went out hiking and mountian biking.

I actually remember reading this on the old forum....

I guess the question is, What won't you eat? You'd make a lot of money off my buddies.. :)
We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, which reminds me of the time when I was a teenager and my mother served cold leftover turkey and I said to my mother "it tastes funny, like balloons smell" and she said "there is nothing wrong with the turkey, just eat it" and I ate it because back then you did what your parents told you and I was so sick I wished I could die and I could not eat turkey for years after that.
Ooops, I crapped my pants
Chocklit Wrote:We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, which reminds me of the time when I was a teenager and my mother served cold leftover turkey and I said to my mother "it tastes funny, like balloons smell" and she said "there is nothing wrong with the turkey, just eat it" and I ate it because back then you did what your parents told you and I was so sick I wished I could die and I could not eat turkey for years after that.

Do Canadians do everything wrong?
Chocklit Wrote:"it tastes funny, like balloons smell"

You really have to do something wrong to get a turkey to smell that bad, where'd she get it from...did she just find it dead on the side of the road?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy New Year from the Inkwell johnjohn 0 1,843 12-31-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: johnjohn
  I've got mad respect for this 12 year old Agileguy 20 20,811 04-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Last Post: lreese
  Idea for Valentines' Day Next Year lreese 0 2,285 02-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Last Post: lreese
  What Did We Get Stuck In Our Rectums Last Year? Securb 9 11,951 12-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Last Post: idsnowdog
  Staring at breasts is officially good for the heart Speng 2 3,609 02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Securb
  There are some good jobs out there. Securb 13 13,604 02-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Happy New Year! Hooch 18 18,734 01-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Speng
  Not a good day Prog 2 3,038 04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Prog
  Canada came up with a good idea Prog 26 26,448 02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Last Post: 3dR3
  Happy New Year Speng 15 16,632 01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Last Post: 3dR3