Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously, don't F' with Texans
DALLAS, Texas -- Dallas police said they will likely not press charges against a Lakewood man who shot and killed a burglar in his home Thursday morning.

The man and his wife were sleeping in their townhome in the 6100 block of Tremont Avenue when they heard a noise around 2:30 a.m.

Police said the man went downstairs to investigate and found a man trying to take a flat screen television off the wall in his living room.

The burglar had apparently pried open a window to get inside.

"This is a crime of opportunity," said Lt. Ray Beaudreault, DPD. "I don't know why he decided to pick this location. Apparently, it wasn't a wise choice."

The homeowner shot the suspect several times -- the 21-year-old man walked to the front porch where he collapsed.

He was transported to Baylor Medical Center but died of his wounds.

Police said the homeowner had the right to protect himself and his property.

FOX 4's Saul Garza said he spoke with the homeowner who was very shaken up.

The case will be referred to a Grand Jury which will make the final decision on whether to issue an indictment.
Will it blend? That is the question.
I really do like the laws in Texas......
Once they put in the Castle law where you don't have to retreat and the perception of a threat is enough justification, these Wyatt Earp stories appear at least once a month.
We have the same deal in NH If someone breaks into my house I can blow a hole in them the size of a bowling ball.
Securb Wrote:We have the same deal in NH If someone breaks into my house I can blow a hole in them the size of a bowling ball.

But you leave the front door open and an empty plasma TV box on the curb.
Same with Oregon. And none of that warning bullshit. You can pop them in the back of the head if you want.

Hell, you can do it to defend your neighbors home if necessary.

Still, I taught my wife to stay in the bedroom with the gun aimed at the door and be on the phone to 911. Dealing with the insurance company to replace stuff is cheaper in many more ways than dealing with the aftermath of a shooting.
...ignore your rights and they'll go away....
Texas just enacted the law last year. Before that you had to retreat and you could only shoot as a last resort. Also, if you caught the criminal as he was leaving, you legally couldn't do anything because there was no threat of injury.

And defending neighbors has been done too.

I wish I could find a recording of one where this older lady shot a burglar. Her daughter called 911 and you could hear the old lady in the background telling the guy if he moves, she'll shoot him again. The 911 operator is practically begging the girl to tell her mom not to shoot him. It's a classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooUubWoAOLU

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If this shit don't get your weiner wigglin... FORMULA73 10 13,161 07-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  Don't Poke the... lreese 2 3,711 01-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Last Post: lreese
  Clamping.Not my car, you don't.. GoldenVulture 3 3,974 10-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  I don't know what I was thinking... youngthrasher9 7 7,216 09-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Last Post: GoldenVulture
  I Don't Get It Gator 28 25,305 10-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Last Post: 3dR3
  don't laugh 3dR3 5 5,225 12-02-2009, 10:04 AM
  Don't Play with Poo Speng 9 9,167 05-08-2009, 08:00 AM
  Why men don't write advice columns TooFunny 1 2,325 11-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Last Post: TooFunny
  Don LaFontaine - Movie Trailer Voice Dies Prog 9 10,308 09-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Speng