Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Holy Fucking Shit" Thread
didn't see that coming
For once I'd like to be called sir without someone adding "your making a scene".
I thought this shit was pretty cool. Check out the picture gallery...

Over 1,000 New Species Found in Mekong Delta
A pilot with more than 30 years experience was forced to turn his plane around — because he was not qualified to land in fog, an airline confirmed Thursday.

Passengers on the 8:4 5.a.m Flybe flight to Paris were just minutes away from landing at their destination when they were told they would have to go all the way back to Cardiff, England.

One passenger from Bristol missed a job interview in France because of the incident.

Cassandra Grant explained: "Twenty minutes outside Paris, the captain said, 'Unfortunately I'm not qualified to land the plane in Paris. They are asking for a level two qualification and I only have a level five. We'll have to fly back.'"

A spokeswoman for the airline said Flybe, a low-cost airline, backed the pilot's decision "100 percent."

He had recently switched from flying a Bombardier Q300 to a Bombardier Q400 and has not completed the "requisite low-visibility training," she said.

The dense fog covering Charles de Gaulle airport had not been there when the flight took off, she added.

The plane was already three hours late due to bad weather in Wales.

The pilot's situation is "quite unusual but probably not unheard of," according to the Civil Aviation Authority.
Will it blend? That is the question.
SHOCKED surgeons were forced to use their imagination after operating on woman with a huge can of hairspray stuck in her bum.

Mirela Gradinaru, 37, arrived at the clinic in Arad, western Romania, in agony, begging docs to help.
But she refused to tell surgeons how the can came to be lodged in her rear even after a successful operation dislodged the canister.

Mirandolina Prisca, a doctor at the clinic, explained: "We had X-rays done to localise the object and then we carried out the operation. The patient was fine after it.

"She was very embarrassed. She was clearly in a lot of pain, however it got there."

"This was not just a little can of deodorant, this was a massive can of hairspray," said one hospital worker.
People shoving stuff in their asses, it never gets old.

My ass hurt while I was reading that.
hmmmm no hamster?
I'm guessing a hamster didn't do it for her anymore and guinea pigs are too expensive.
Speng Wrote:People shoving stuff in their asses, it never gets old.

My ass hurt while I was reading that.

This was still the best jamming stuff in your ass story

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/yea....html?link
HOUSTON — A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye, authorities said Friday. Andre Thomas told officers he ate it.

Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.

While in the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Thomas similarly had plucked out his right eye before his trial later in 2004. A judge subsequently ruled he was competent to stand trial.

A death-row officer at the Polunsky Unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice found Thomas in his cell with blood on his face and had him taken to the unit infirmary.

""Thomas said he pulled out his eye and subsequently ingested it," agency spokesman Jason Clark said Friday.

Thomas was treated at East Texas Medical Center in Tyler after the Dec. 9 incident. Then he was transferred and remains at the Jester Unit, a prison psychiatric facility near Richmond southwest of Houston

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/...038ed.html
Surgeons remove healthy kidney through donor's vagina

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/03/kid...index.html

(CNN) -- In what is being heralded as a "first-ever procedure," surgeons removed a healthy kidney through a donor's vagina, the Johns Hopkins Medical Center has announced.

Although the procedure has been previously done to extract cancerous and nonfunctioning kidneys that threatened a patient's health, the January 29 surgery was the first time it was done for donation purposes, the center said in a news release issued Monday.

"The kidney was successfully removed and transplanted into the donor's niece, and both patients are doing fine," Dr. Robert Montgomery, chief of transplant surgery at Johns Hopkins, said in the release.

The surgery is considered less invasive and could pave the way for an increase in organ donations, it added.

"Removing the kidney through a natural opening should hasten the patient's recovery and provide a better cosmetic result," Montgomery said.

He told CNN on Tuesday, "We want to make it easier for people to donate, to have less impact on their lives, [be] in hospital a shorter amount of time and get back to their lives quicker."

The woman was chosen to be the first donor to undergo the procedure because a previous hysterectomy enabled doctors to operate without a uterus obstructing their efforts, he added.

The three-hour procedure typically allows the donor to return home within 24 hours.

The more traditional surgery requires a 5- to 6-inch incision through the abdominal wall and generally is followed by two or three days of hospitalization.

"If you asked our patient, she said it was like getting a tooth removed. She was walking that night and left the next day," Montgomery said.

The procedure is done by inserting "wand-like cameras and tools" through small incisions in the abdomen and navel.

Doctors then insert a hollow tube through the vagina with a bag at the end.

Once the kidney is cut loose, surgeons use video from the cameras to guide them as they maneuver the bag around the organ, place it in the tube and pull it out through the vaginal opening, Montgomery said.

A kidney weighs approximately one pound and is roughly the size of a clenched hand.

In an effort to ensure a more sterile procedure, the vagina is treated with Betadine, a sterilizing solvent commonly applied during surgery.

But some physicians wonder how clean the procedure can actually be.

"It's good to take such [sterilization] measures," said Dr. Jihad Kaouk, director of laparoscopic and robotic surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. "But the tube touched the vagina. And the bag touched the tube. And the bag touched the kidney"

He added, "delivering a kidney from the vagina, which is not sterile -- is it a potential risk or a real risk? We'll find out now."

Kaouk also expressed concern over the quality of the kidney once it has been squeezed into a tube.

"The concept of minimizing incisions and decreasing pain after surgery is always a good idea, but we should always check at what price," he said.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Weather Thread Speng 711 665,657 06-02-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Gr8wight
  The Weed Thread Securb 95 99,296 07-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LesStrat
  The Philly Thread Securb 171 171,340 07-14-2017, 01:46 PM
Last Post: LesStrat
  The Wicked Awesome Boston Thread Securb 12 15,582 07-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Hooch
  If this shit don't get your weiner wigglin... FORMULA73 10 12,930 07-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  I would love the chance to beat the shit out of this guy. Securb 6 7,683 04-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Last Post: idsnowdog
  The Craigslist Thread Speng 6 8,946 10-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: skarydrunkguy
  Hmm... Another Hit or Miss thread... lreese 9 11,796 10-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: GoldenVulture
  My fucking eyeball is dehydrated. kinnikuman 2 3,584 09-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Last Post: CTN
  The Spam Thread Hooch 0 2,551 04-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Hooch