Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Police Seek Speeding British Muppet
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/561...f-Muppet-/

German traffic police have been left looking like proper muppets by a British prankster. An Audi TT with British registration plates has been repeatedly caught speeding on roads in the Bavarian city of Bayreuth. But because continental speed cameras are set up for left-hand drive vehicles, the cameras keep missing the driver’s face.

Instead, they keep capturing clear views of a manic Muppet-like toy which the cheeky Brit has propped up on his passenger seat. But police admit they are even baffled about the identity of the muppet.

The No.1 suspect is Animal – the manic drummer from The Muppet Show’s house band The Electric Mayhem. But several residents of Sesame Street are also in the frame, including the lovable monster Grover and Bert’s rubber-ducky-loving sidekick Ernie.

Now police have released one of the photographs in the hope someone will recognise the furry speed demon. A German police source said: “The number plate is not enough. We need clear evidence of who is driving the vehicle too.

“But because this is a British vehicle we can never get a decent picture. The driver has obviously worked this out because he has placed a large puppet in the passenger seat.

“This may be an example of the famous British sense of humour but it is still dangerous driving. The driver has been caught on camera on several occasions and the puppet is on the passenger seat every time. We suspect he positions the toy deliberately before accelerating past the camera.”

[Image: britishmuppet3891420zg7.jpg]

[Image: muppetcar3920978fl4.jpg]
1. Funny.
2. Germany needs "clear" evidence? Even funnier.
Will it blend? That is the question.
How does it work over there? Can one country run the plates of a vehicle from another country.

Pretty funny stuff.
They seem to need visual proof. I believe here, the license plate is good enough. The owner of the car is responsible.
this can't be real...... can it?

me thinks photoshop..
I think its really Animal driving the car. Has anyone seen him lately?
I did hear that Disney is about to crank up the Muppet machine again.
3dR3 Wrote:this can't be real...... can it?

me thinks photoshop..

You did read that the steering wheel is on the right side of that car.
Prog Wrote:You did read that the steering wheel is on the right side of that car.

yes, it's from England....

I'm just saying that the plate on the front has be messed with, as has the "drivers" face.. convenient sun glare? note right above that the windshield is swirled to hide the driver's face....
Let's also not forget that the article calls the car an Audi TT. The car pictured is NOT an Audi TT. The TT is the little coupe/roadster, not a wagon.
...ignore your rights and they'll go away....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Fish Bowl Police Harassment Explained LesStrat 2 3,396 01-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Last Post: skarydrunkguy
  Islamic police smash 80,000 beer bottles in Nigeria Speng 2 3,292 08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Securb
  British Nanny Dies While Using Sex Toy Speng 16 17,261 07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Securb
  Great Grandma gets tasered by police Hooch 5 5,733 06-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Ransack
  British Men Are Gay Securb 12 13,114 10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Last Post: TooFunny