Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're f'ing kidding me right?
It was probably a full pound before Cameron got to it.
Will chocolate-covered bacon sizzle?

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/52560272.html

No racing pigs were harmed in the making of the Wisconsin State Fair's hottest new food on a stick.

That's right: Chocolate-covered bacon is finally here.

During the fair's 11-day run, which begins Thursday, employees at the Machine Shed will work around the clock to keep up with demand - skewering bacon, baking it, cooling it and then dunking it in milk chocolate before sprinkling it with sea salt, said general manager Terry Waite.

The Machine Shed expects to sell 80,000 sticks of chocolate-covered bacon during the fair, fueled by media hype from ESPN, CNN and even Conan O'Brien's opening monologue on "The Tonight Show" this week.

O'Brien joked that it's "perfect for Wisconsin residents who are in the mood for something light."

The salty-sweet bacon strip on a stick is bound to be the buzz among fairgoers gathered to root for the racing pigs one block from the Machine Shed stand.

But if the pig race announcer says the losers will become chocolate-covered bacon, don't believe him.

We caught up with the owner of the pigs that race for Cheese Doodles and asked him to taste the sweet bacon on a stick Wednesday, as the pigs were warming up for their five-a-day race schedule.

Food on a stick: Chocolate-covered bacon

Cost: Two sticks, one slice of bacon per stick, for $3

First impression: "Mmmm. Wow. This is an awesome combination of sweet and salty. Who knew? Just don't tell the pigs. I don't need them squealing on me."

Degree of eating difficulty: "If you keep your hands off the chocolate, like I should have, it's easy to eat."
wait........ they put salt on bacon in addition to the chocolate?

holy shit
3dR3 Wrote:wait........ they put salt on bacon in addition to the chocolate?

They had segment on the news showing how they make it, I got thirsty just watching it.

If I go to the State Fair this year I'll try it.
My cardiologist came up with this recipe, he wants a new Benz
Don't get me wrong I'd eat it.

I have a thing for meat on a stick.
It's the phallic symbology part of it that you enjoy
There's no crying in baseball
PETA Unhappy Meals Targeting Kids

Kids hoping to grab a Happy Meal from McDonald's might end up with PETA's Unhappy Meal instead.

http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta...eting-kids

The animal rights organization lifted its moratorium on the McCruelty Campaign this year and since June has distributed Chicken McCruelty Unhappy Meals to McDonald's customers outside about a dozen restaurants around the country.

"McDonald's markets its food to children by packaging it in brightly colored boxes with toys," Lindsay Rajt, a spokeswoman for PETA, tells Slashfood. "But most kids really love animals, and if they knew that McDonald's suppliers were breaking the wings and legs of gentle animals like chickens, I think that you'd have to drag kids into McDonald's kicking and screaming."

The campaign, though, has parents "hatin' it."

A PETA protest of a McDonald's in Albany, N.Y., upset parents on Thursday, WXXA-TV reports.

"I don't want my son to be around something like this," parent Stephanie Gipson told the station. "This is not fair for a child."

But Rajt says children have seen worse things than PETA's Unhappy Meal, which comes "stained with blood" and containing a bloody rubber chicken, a cutout of a knife-wielding Ronald McDonald, photos of mutilated animals and a Chicken McCruelty T-shirt.

"Kids deserve to be told the truth and we really do need to give them credit," she says. "The bottom line is that they've really seen much worse in movies and videogames, and we all know that kids empathize with animals."

McDonald's told Slashfood that it expects the humane treatment of animals from its suppliers.

Our goal has always been to lead the industry by bringing about improvements in animal welfare including rigorous, ongoing audits of our suppliers' facilities.

"McDonald's works with leading independent animal welfare experts and makes decisions based upon science to promote continuous improvement in animal welfare as part of our broader sustainable supply chain initiatives," Bob Langert, McDonald's vice president of corporate social responsibility, says in a statement to Slashfood.

"McDonald's continues to support our chicken suppliers' use of both controlled atmosphere stunning (CAS) and electrical stunning. There is no conclusive scientific consensus that one practice is better than the other, however, we recognize that in either method, good management practices are critical," he says. "It is also important to note that in the U.S., there are no large-scale chicken producers that currently use the CAS method, therefore demands to purchase chickens from this method to meet McDonald's supply needs are not viable."

PETA says it worked with McDonald's behind the scenes from 2000 to February 2009 before it re-instituted its McCruelty campaign. A PETA protest was expected Friday afternoon at a restaurant in South Burlington, Vt.

[Image: 080709-unhappy.jpg]
No really I am not fucking with you this is not a photoshop

http://www.zazzle.com/bacon+shoes

[Image: bacon%20shoes.jpg]
We need "The Bacon Thread" LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus F'ing Christ Securb 1 2,711 10-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Securb
  Please stop your f'ing whining Securb 4 5,347 07-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Last Post: 3dR3