Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're f'ing kidding me right?
It's been known for more than five years that Prince is a Jehovah's Witness who goes door-to-door trying to win converts to the austere faith, as mentioned in this week's New Yorker. Less appreciated: the musician's growing distance from the liberal artistic values that pervade show business, despite his move to Los Angeles seven years ago. As Claire Hoffman writes,

Prince has a budding relationship with Christian conservative media mogul Philip Anschutz, of Denver, and seems to be opposed to gay marriage and adoption. These can' be popular views among Prince's fellow California-based rockers:
[INDENT]
When asked about his perspective on social issues—gay marriage, abortion—Prince tapped his Bible and said, “God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like, ‘Enough.’ ”

[/INDENT]
If Prince wants to get attention for his views, airing them amid nationwide demonstrations against the passage of a California anti-gay-marriage initiative will probably do the trick. What that does for the "celibate" musician's sales and popularity is another matter.

[Image: prince.jpg]
The price of the dining room set is .....

[youtube]JgvCQ96TzSE[/youtube]
Perhaps this is true ENLIGHTENMENT. Doesn't sound like an attempt toward monetary gains or mass popularity. What do you think?
That YouTube reminds me of Michael Jackson, also. Is that rude of me to say so?
Kevin Smith has a great story about Prince on one of his evening with DVDs. Prince asked Kevin to come shoot a documentary at his house. After all the filming was done (and a lot of goofy stuff in between), Kevin asked Prince's people when they would start editing and finalizing and they told him probably never because Prince does things like that.
Will it blend? That is the question.
This explains a lot about Prince. Jehovah's Witnesses have some pretty strange ideas about things.
Ooops, I crapped my pants
I'm not even sure where to begin this discussion.....
Chocklit Wrote:This explains a lot about Prince. Jehovah's Witnesses have some pretty strange ideas about things.

maybe he's Canadian!
3dR3 Wrote:maybe he's Canadian!

Please do not insult the Canadians.
Ooops, I crapped my pants
Chocklit Wrote:Please do not insult the Canadians.

I forgot Canadian musical standards are much higher Loverboy, Aldo Nova, Chilliwack.....Nickleback.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus F'ing Christ Securb 1 2,711 10-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Securb
  Please stop your f'ing whining Securb 4 5,347 07-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Last Post: 3dR3