Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Chef_Tony Wrote:[Monster Truck Ad Voice] SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!!![/Monster Truck Ad Voice]

[Monster Truck Ad Voice] Ticket prices include the whole seat but you'll only need THE EDGE!!!!![/Monster Truck Ad Voice]
Finally saw it today. Nowhere near as good as the first three movies but entertaining all the same. I personally had a wierd vibe from the visuals. And as much as I hate to admit it, I didn't completely hate Shia...he was more tolerable in this role than he has been in anything else.
Chef_Tony Wrote:I personally had a wierd vibe from the visuals.

Did it have that aged apearance like some part of Band of Brothers had? I thought some of the portions of the trailer had that odd, not quite right, look.
Yeah, it seemed like they were trying to age it a little. Seemed kind of cloudy and things like that.
Saw it yesterday, those who say it sucked, those who say it was forced, those who say Lucas, Spielberg and Ford dropped the ball, well I only have one thing to say...your insane. it ruled!!

I loved it, and I can't wait to get that sucker on Blueray to watch it over and over. The fight between Indy and the main Russian guy while surrounded by ants, fucking pure classic Raiders style. Skulls, natives, snakes, poisoned darts, chases, fighting, the infamous punch sound when Indy hits someone, everything I wanted. Whoever said "the 3rd act falls on it's face" is a douche with absolutely no fanboy in him at all....2 hours of a nonstop smile...ear to fucking ear!!
Forgot to check in...!

This movie was awesome!! So entertaining, pure classic Indy!

I did notice the "aged" look of a lot of the scenes, particularly in the first act. Sort of a golden hue and slight glow to everything. I didn't mind it, thought it was a nice throwback to classic filmmaking. That's one of the things I loved about this movie... Spielberg knows how to piece together an action scene. It's not the random crazy fast editing that's supposed to convey "intensity"... it's classic editing, classic framing, and it really worked! One of the best was the car chase scene through the jungle... funny, and eventful.

It's funny, some people didn't like the alien angle, but how could they not go there? You have a movie by Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas.... they're alien filmmakers. I thought it was well done (they could have gone in so many other very wrong directions with it), and it had that Indy feel.

All in all, I give it my two thumbs up! Can't wait for it on bluray!
Anyone picking this up on Tuesday? I didn't catch it in the theater (I'm a slackass) so I'll be getting it. I'm debating the two-discer or the Best Buy collectible set with a mini crystal skull.
Didn't see it in the theate and after talking to my brother, not in any rush to buy it.
Will it blend? That is the question.
I personally will be waiting for the inevitable bluray boxed set of all the films.
...ignore your rights and they'll go away....
i was going to wait for the package set as well and buy them all... i purposely didn't buy them last year @ Christmas because I knew a new one was coming out...

the ending is weird.... and if you caught south park this week, you'll see why