Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Band of Brothers' Marches onto Spike TV
Band of Brothers," the critically-acclaimed, award-winning, epic mini-series described as "extraordinary," by The NY Times, will premiere on Spike TV in 3rd qtr 2009. The announcement was made today by John Griffin, vice president, programming, Spike TV.

"Spike TV is proud to be the new television home to this truly classic mini-series that eloquently captures the trials and tribulations of the brave American soldiers of Easy Company in World War II," said Griffin. "It's the perfect compliment to Spike's initiatives saluting our armed forces which includes 'True Dads: In Uniform' and the 'UFC Fight For The Troops' event to raise money to build a hospital for soldiers with traumatic brain injuries."<!--more-->

"Band of Brothers" is a ten-part World War II television mini-series, originally produced for HBO, based on the book of the same title written by historian and biographer Stephen Ambrose. It was executive-produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks.

The critically-acclaimed series focuses on the harrowing experiences of E Company, better known as "Easy" Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, United States Army 101st Airborne Division during World War II. Through the eyes of the brave soldiers, viewers follow them from their arduous basic training to the American airborne landings in Normandy, to the bloody Battle of Bastogne and on to the end of the war. All of the characters portrayed in the mini-series are based on actual members of Easy Company, many of whom are featured in interviews at the beginning of each episode.

Winner of six Emmy awards® and the Golden Globe® for Best Miniseries, or Motion Picture Made for Television, "Band of Brothers" featured an ensemble cast including Damian Lewis, Donnie Wahlberg, Ron Livingston, Scott Grimes, Peter Youngblood Hills, Rick Gomez, Michael Cudlitz, Robin Laing, Nicholas Aaron, James Madio, Shane Taylor, Dexter Fletcher, Ross McCall, Philip Barantini and Neal McDonough.

Spike TV is available in 97.7 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. A unit of Viacom (NYSE:VIA) (NYSE:VIA.B) , MTV Networks is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV's Internet address is http://www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV's press site at
Everytime I run across this playing on The History Channel, like this past weekend, I end up watching a couple of episodes.
I had never seen so I just started it on Blu-Ray pretty good series.
The first episode or two drag a bit but they are necessary for character development.
I just read the book that they based the series on, it's a must read.
Im up to episode 4 the wife bailed out at two and now she is back into it at 4 I am loving it I am going to buy it for my Father in Law he was actually in the war.
So, did you finish the series yet?
Yes I absolutlly loved it. I am getting it on DVD for my father in law he marched through most of those places in WW2 and lost his best friend in Bastone.
This has been on The History Channel all day, I can't stop watching.
This has been on The History Channel all day, I can't stop watching.
Band of Brothers on Spike TV.
Will be glued for the duration. huge grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spike TV Original Movie ‘S.I.S.’ Premieres Sunday, August 24 Gator 1 2,701 08-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Gator