Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Around The Bases Vol VII: Zimmerman Keeps Hitting, Greinke Keeps Pitching
Here we are, one month into the season. Reigning AL Rookie of the Year Evan Longoria picked up right where he left off last season. The Washington Nationals’ have their own superstar in Ryan Zimmerman and possibly another one on the way with pitcher Stephen Strassburg. The Kansas City Royals, winning like no one ever expected them to, have a budding Cy Young Award winner in pitcher Zach Greinke. And, Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez started his season with a bang.

This week, Around the Bases takes a look at all of this and more, and we proudly bring back the Weekly Trivia Question.

Around The Bases Vol VII: Zimmerman Keeps Hitting, Greinke Keeps Pitching
http://www.tmrzoo.com/?p=2158

Enjoy! Your comments are always welcome.
Gator
There's no crying in baseball
Nice read I like your stuff but you took it too easy on Manny.
Thank you very much. I could have wrote a whole column on Manny, but it was already beaten to death.
I know this is a bit off topic but really want to get your view on this. In your opinion who is in bigger trouble? Indians? or White Sox?
Definelty not off topic. We're pretty loose around here, if you haven't noticed. You're in a baseball thread, talking baseball. Perfect.

As to your question, I think the Indians are in worst shape right now. Chicago is hitting the ball, and Buhrle is doing fine. They need for Floyd and Danks to get their shit together. They are both better than what they've shown this season. I think that Colon may be done. He's no where near where he was the year he won the Cy Young Award. They are only a couple of decent pitchers away from moving up in the division. Of course, losing Carlos Quentin for some unknown period of time will really hurt them.

Cleveland seems to still be reeling from the loss of Sabathia. Martinez is providing most of their offense, although Sizemore has hit some HR too. But Sizemore is only hitting .220 and that is just awful for a leadoff hitter. Cliff Lee has done nothing this year (2-5??? 63 hits in 54 innings??) and the best pitcher they have right now is Carl Pavano. When did you ever think you'd hear that? I think Cleveland has much less chance of turning things around. And Eric Wedge is a very good manager, but he's no Ozzie Guillen.

What do you think?

I have to ask, what's the meaning behind your username?
The tribe have a solid lineup they just can't put it all together. They have Sizemore, one of the best center fielders in the league, Victor Martinez, one of the best hitting catchers out there. Pronk who is coming back from a bad season, and some solid pitching. They just can't all seem to play solid on the same night.

That being said, cleveland's bullpen can't hold a lead. this is a serious problem. Laffey and Wood are the only dependable relievers right now. they may be sunk just because they can literally almost never hold a lead late in games.

My name? I am a big Andy Pettitte fan!
Woman attending Mets game loses gold tooth in Citi Field toilet bowl, gets arm stuck trying to retrieve it. Workers eventually get her out but gold tooth, like Mets' 2009 season, remain in toilet

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/world/articl...page_id=64
Yeah, that's pretty nasty

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Around The Bases Vol I: AL West Preview Gator 1 7,922 06-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ImaSeal
  Around the Bases Vol IV: Strasburg Dazzles in Debut Gator 1 2,599 06-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Gator
  Around The Bases: Mets Sign Jason Bay Gator 4 5,314 12-30-2009, 08:38 PM
  Around The Bases: Hot Stove Edition Gator 1 2,798 12-15-2009, 03:25 PM
  Around The Bases Vol VXII: Jeter Passes Gehrig Gator 3 4,130 09-12-2009, 05:34 PM
  Around The Bases Vol VXI: Divisions in Flux; Gator 1 2,577 08-26-2009, 05:28 PM
  Around The Bases Vol XV: Big Papi Speaks, Has MLBPA Public Backing Gator 1 2,446 08-10-2009, 09:23 AM
  Around the Bases Vol VIX: Red Sox - Yankees Rivalry Renewed; Too Many Pitchers in Phi Gator 3 4,133 08-07-2009, 10:17 AM
  Around the Bases Vol XIII: Perfect Games, Hall of Fame, Trades Gator 2 3,212 07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ransack
  Around The Bases Vol XII: It’s Time For Expanded Instant Replay Already Gator 4 4,579 07-22-2009, 12:52 PM