Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your GM Horror Stories
Let’s hear your GM horror stories. Now that the government owns the company it will get worse. I have a horror story for every GM I owned. Now that I drive Toyota (Lexus) my car is never in the garage and I don’t have to carry a tool box in the trunk.

Chevys! I have had 7 of them in my day. 5 Camaros from POS – real nice street racers. A Blazer and a 80’s Malibu. I love the old Chevy 5.7 engines. The 2.8 engines they started making during the 70’s gas crisis suck. The 2.8 engines over heat and seize, they are the shittiest engines ever made. The head gaskets blow at the drop of a dime. I had that engine in one Camaro, The Blazer and The Malibu and they all had the same problems with gaskets and thermostats.

I also had a ’68 Cutlass that I loved but the transmission blew up on me.
I've owned Nissans (me) and Toyotas (Lynn) for the past 13 years or so. No complaints with either. Haven't owned an American car since we had a '90 Taurus that was pretty good. Bet it wouldn't have made it over 100K miles.

My '02 Pathfinder has 135K on it and is showing no signs of slowing down. My wife's '00 Sienna had 150K on it and was in great shape, until some asshole drunk driver hit us and totaled it in January. Now she has a '06 Highlander that's awesome.
There's no crying in baseball
Gator Wrote:I've owned Nissans (me) and Toyotas (Lynn) for the past 13 years or so. No complaints with either. Haven't owned an American car since we had a '90 Taurus.

Hey Doc, I remember you having a GM, I think it was a Buick Century LOL
I have owned 2 GM products, a 79 Regal and an 88 Beretta GT.

I bought them both used with high mileage and expected little of them. Maybe it was my awesome mechanical prowess or perhaps they just worked well after replacing everything. No real horror story for me.

I love how my tax dollars will be bailing out GM now...... that just seems so.... fucked up?
I've got a 99 Regal that just hit 140K and I had two Chevy trucks before that. Never had any real major issues with GM.
Will it blend? That is the question.
I've had three Pontiacs that ran forever with no major issues. My dad had a Blazer with that shitty 2.8 engine, it took a major dump just after the warranty expired.
GM just sold Hummer to a Chinese company does that mean if I fill up my Hummer I am just going to have to fill it up again an hour later?
Securb Wrote:Hey Doc, I remember you having a GM, I think it was a Buick Century LOL

If anyone ever tells me again that drugs affects your memory, I'm sending them to you to dispute it. Yes, it was my very first car, and I loved it. It had more holes rusted through it than you could imagine, but an engine that ran great.

We had a lot of parties in that car huge grin Lord knows we could fit enough people in it!!
Gator Wrote:If anyone ever tells me again that drugs affects your memory!

How could I forget we called you "Dork Of the Century" all summer long.
Yeah, I tried to forget that. Let's stick to Gator

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool new book currently on Kickstarter, native stories by native artists johnjohn 0 2,113 12-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Last Post: johnjohn