Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeowner Says Crews Demolished Wrong House
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19715994/detail.html

CARROLL COUNTY, Ga. -- This is a story that may leave you shaking your head.

A Sandy Springs man got a phone call Monday that his family home in Carroll County was gone. Torn down. Demolished.

“We had heirlooms in there…my mom’s dining room set…her hutch with her dishes in there,” said homeowner Al Byrd.

Byrd said he cannot believe his eyes.

The house his father built, brick by brick, with his own hands has been mysteriously demolished.

“You can’t imagine. It’s just incredulous that something like this can happen and no one contact the owner,” said Byrd.

Byrd grew up in the home with his nine brothers and sisters. It’s a three bedroom house on a little road bearing his family’s name.

“We were taught that you could do anything that you wanted to do as long as you were willing to work hard and pay the price,” said Byrd.

Byrd’s cousin shot video Monday of a bulldozer in the yard of the house with dumpsters loaded with rubble.

The demolition company said it had paperwork.

“I said, ‘Paperwork for what?’ and he said, ‘For the house, to demolish the house.’ I said, ‘I’m the owner of the house, I haven’t given anybody any authority to demolish this house,’” said Byrd.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Jovita Moore asked Byrd if the demolition company had an address.

“I said, ‘What address did you have?’ and he said, ‘They sent me some GPS coordinates.’ I said, ‘Don’t you have an address?’ (and) he said, ‘Yes, my GPS coordinates led me right to this address here and this house was described,’” said Byrd.

Byrd said he suspects the intended target was actually across the road.

Byrd said his house held decades of memories. While he was talking to Moore, the enormity of what is now gone appeared to set in. Byrd could hardly speak.

The man who cuts the grass told Byrd about a month ago that the power box was missing and there were holes punched into the walls. They both thought it was vandalism. Now, Byrd believes it was part of the preparation for the demolition.

The demolition was done by a Marietta company who told Byrd it was hired by a company out of Texas. Moore tried to contact the Texas company, but her calls have not been returned.
GPS, huh? Why sweat the minute details like that actual address of the structure you are demolishing.
Address shmaddress. Go down three posts past the pig farm and take a left at the big rock. When you get to the fork, take a kinda lefty turn until you get to the reddish stump, then turn right. The third house on the right without an outhouse is the one you want to tear down.

Find that in your big fancy CPG thingy
There's no crying in baseball
some lawyers just hit pay dirt.
Hooch Wrote:GPS, huh? Why sweat the minute details like that actual address of the structure you are demolishing.

No shit. You'd think they'd double check before bulldozing any structure. It is in Georgia though, maybe it was in some hillbilly area where they don't have addresses posted.
Been there. See my previous post. It comes from past experience
There's no crying in baseball
i dunno... usually a demo company will pillage a property before knocking it down.

at least I know that's what my Uncle does...
3dR3 Wrote:i dunno... usually a demo company will pillage a property before knocking it down.

at least I know that's what my Uncle does...

I was in the business you are right. I am pretty sure the major appliances are not in those dumpsters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When 'First Contact' goes wrong. johnjohn 0 1,964 08-11-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: johnjohn
  What's Wrong With... Dr. Vegetable 5 6,536 11-15-2015, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  So Wrong... Yet... lreese 0 2,121 08-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Last Post: lreese
  (NSFW) I love the Waffle House Securb 21 21,541 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Hooch
  BRITTANY Murphy’s house has gone up for sale. Securb 1 2,298 01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Securb
  You are doing it wrong! Securb 26 25,008 11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
  Offer on House Gator 33 32,187 12-06-2008, 10:21 PM