Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock stars cool over video games
I am so behind Bill Wyman and Nick Mason on this one. I think Guitar Hero and Rock Band are a was of time.

Former Rolling Stones star Bill Wyman has expressed concern that music games like Rock Band stop young people from practising real musical instruments.
He told the BBC: "It encourages kids not to learn, that's the trouble.
"It makes less and less people dedicated to really get down and learn an instrument. I think is a pity so I'm not really keen on that kind of stuff."
Wyman was speaking at Abbey Road studios while recording a charity Beatles song for Children in Need.

His words were echoed by Pink Floyd star Nick Mason who described music games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero as "interesting new developments".
But he added: "It irritates me having watched my kids do it - if they spent as much time practising the guitar as learning how to press the buttons they'd be damn good by now."

Link goes to pretty good story
i agree......
I was playing Guitar Hero with my son the other night and some random Xbox Live member send me an insulting message.
so how do you explain "you're a fucking douche nozzle" to your kid?
There are way too many douchebags on XBOX live.
Securb Wrote:There are way too many douchebags on XBOX live.

I figure it's the angry dorks that have never felt a vagina in real life....

if they had they'd spend way less time on an xbox and way more time in a real box
3dR3 Wrote:I figure it's the angry dorks

I am the "angry dork" I saw Hooch online playing a kids version of Guitar Hero. I told him to stop being a cheap bastard and buy his kid a real guitar.
way to go dork!

don't feel bad, his wife is still pissed about walking in on me and the hooker in his living room. i'm still not sure how the explained "Aunt Lucy" to little man..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Games you are playing or excited for? Kurnal707 4 5,365 08-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Last Post: johnjohn
  How to avoid bad mobile games. johnjohn 1 3,897 04-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Last Post: karpathion
  Rock 'N' Roll Icon, Motorhead's Lemmy, Coming to Guitar Hero Metallica Securb 8 10,284 02-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Gator
  Play the Red Bull: New Year. No Limits. on ESPN Video Game Now Securb 1 2,978 12-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Securb
  Wii Games with Playboy Cyber Girl Jo Garcia pervertfreak 3 4,887 06-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Chef_Tony
  Video: Graphics Evolves Beyond Gaming With New NVIDIA GeForce GTX 200 GPUs Securb 2 3,762 06-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Last Post: pervertfreak
  “X-Play” Counts Down the Top Ten Games for Adult Eyes only… Securb 1 2,865 05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Securb