Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Movies of the Decade
With this decade drawing to a close in a couple of weeks, I started thinking, we've tried to post our favorite genres of all time. Now let's shoot for the best overall movies of the past decade.

I'll start with what I think are my top 10. Before you kill me, I will note that noticably missing are any of the Lord of the Ring movies, only because I'm not into that stuff and I don't particularly like Peter Jackson.

Also, it may not be often that I agree with the Academy Awards, but there's a reason that comedies never win Movie of the Year. While some of you may think that 40 Year Old Virgin or The Hangover may go on the list, I had a lot of trouble putting a comedy in place of some of these selections. Feel free to disagree.

1. The Departed
2. The Dark Knight
3. Gladiator
4. Ray
5. There Will Be Blood
6. Cinderella Man
7. Mystic River
8. Almost Famous
9. Gangs of New York
10. Kill Bill Vol I

There are so many very, very good movies that this was not easy, and I know I missed a couple that should probably be on here, but give it a try and see what you come up with.
There's no crying in baseball
1. The Departed (haven't seen it)
2. The Dark Knight (agree)
3. Gladiator (agree)
4. Ray (haven't seen it)
5. There Will Be Blood (haven't seen it)
6. Cinderella Man (haven't seen it)
7. Mystic River (haven't seen it)
8. Almost Famous (haven't seen it)
9. Gangs of New York (haven't seen it)
10. Kill Bill Vol I (agree)

I'd add comedy's in where you have dramas and bio pics.... I'd also add Rambo, not that it was any theatrical masterpiece but it sure was bloody as hell. As you can see I'm not much of a movie buff.
What, no Showgirls?
Ransack Wrote:What, no Showgirls?

While iconic, it didn't make the cut. It came out in '95 :(
There's no crying in baseball

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What horror movies are your favourites or ones you enjoyed? DAVIDS 11 15,772 01-14-2012, 06:21 AM
Last Post: fayepmill
  Interesting things in movies Prog 9 11,246 01-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Last Post: 3dR3
  This Weekends Movies Worm 18 19,756 06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Last Post: EaglesSuck