Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFI 10 Top 10
Okay, it's the American Film Institute, which means lots of Meryl Streep, James Cagney and Alfred Hitchcock, but man did they fuck up a few times. First off, where the fuck is the WAR Category? You have a COURTROOM DRAMA Category, but no War? I mean what the fuck is that about? I can name the winners right now, in no particular order:

Saving Private Ryan, Patton, Platoon, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, The Longest Day, Das Boot and the Deer Hunter.

Hell I could name 5 more if i wanted to. Sure SPR and All Quiet made it into the Epics, but where the fuck is Braveheart in the epics? Does anyone actually think Ti-Fuckin-tanic is a better epic than BRAVEHEART? Braveheart is the Definition of Epic!
And what the hell is Groundhog Day doing in the top 10 fantasy films, yet there is no Willow, no LOTR Two Towers or Return of the King....fuck that. Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Spiderman, any man? Indiana Jones franchise? Anyone? Anyone in there?

Once again AFI, you suck balls.
Oh and Heres the link if you would like to head over and go "what? wait, why? WHAT? dumb."
I agree with the War category, that's really needed.

Titanic has no place on the Epic list, I have no problem with Lawrence of Arabia being number one though.

I hae those kind of lists, they always suck. We should make our own top ten list using the AFI categories.
Worm you know top 10 lists piss you off I dont know why you read the fuckin things.
Speng Wrote:We should make our own top ten list using the AFI categories.

Lets do it!

I was actually thinking of bringing back the yearly site awards also... everyone seemed to like those.
Securb Wrote:Worm you know top 10 lists piss you off I dont know why you read the fuckin things.

i don't know, probably so I can keep reminding myself of all the retards in the film critic business....and make fun of them.
Hooch Wrote:Lets do it!

I was actually thinking of bringing back the yearly site awards also... everyone seemed to like those.

hey Hooch I am all for it, how will we do this? everyone does their top 10 in the 10 categories then majority rules and we post it up on the site? majority being me...;)
Chick flicks and courtroom dramas get categories? Why not "action-comedy buddy movies".

As for epics, where's Braveheart?
Will it blend? That is the question.
American Fuckface Institute eh?

Hell yeah, let's make our own lists. How do we want to do it?
Hooch Wrote:I was actually thinking of bringing back the yearly site awards also... everyone seemed to like those.

I always thought they were a cool thing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Gun: Maverick LesStrat 1 41 06-27-2022, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Securb
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Science Fiction Films Speng 7 4,728 10-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Chocklit
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Gangster Films Speng 15 9,607 09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Tina12312
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Western Films Speng 9 5,446 09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Worm
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Fantasy Films Speng 8 5,004 09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Last Post: bobbyt2
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Animated Films Speng 14 9,444 08-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Securb
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Sports Films Speng 16 9,011 07-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Last Post: 3dR3