Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great site and contests
You know..I'll be honest and say that I first came to themanroom.com for the contests and then I won one. I won the DVD set of That 70's Show, season 8.
I came to the site to see what else was going on and I love it. Loads of great info and a really cool layout too.
Then guess what? I won ANOTHER contest, this time the Indiana Jones adventure collection. WOW!!!! 2 wins in as many months.
I do a lot of the contests but not all. I just do the ones that appeal to me but I do them every morning while I'm reading the site. So now I'm on the site every day not just to see what I can win but to see what's new, what's cool. what's going down and all the other great stuff here.
Stay cool guys.
KDTX
Its good to hear that the giveaways have brought in some regular readers to the site.
You'll see that we have our own little community of friends in the forums and we are always open to new members. Many of these guys have actually got together and drank and partied together. I think I'm one of the few regulars that hasn't. I've been invited a few times but I never met up mainly because I'm a pathetic loser. WELCOME! Fill out your profile so we can see where you're from and so we can come rape and pillage your neighborhood.
pervertfreak Wrote:You'll see that we have our own little community of friends in the forums and we are always open to new members. Many of these guys have actually got together and drank and partied together. I think I'm one of the few regulars that hasn't. I've been invited a few times but I never met up mainly because I'm a pathetic loser. WELCOME! Fill out your profile so we can see where you're from and so we can come rape and pillage your neighborhood.

There are quite a few members in the philly/NJ area. We should all meet up somewhere sometime this summer for some beers. I don't think all the local guys have checked in from the other forum yet though.
DUDE! My brother tends bar at a place called "Cork" which is a serious beer bar in Westmont on Haddon Avenue. They've usually got like 12-14 serious beers on tap like Delerium Tremens, Ommegang Three Philosophers, Weihnstephaner, Victory, Flying Fish, Dogfish Head, Unibroue, etc. The place is awesome and the food is fucking RAD. They've got a mediterranean dish that I love. They've also got beer dinners every so often that we should go to.

Cork's Beer Listing

I found this review on Yahoo local...

"What a wonderful dining experience in South Jersey. We started with tuna tartare, braised short ribs with grits and a pizza. They were all off the hook. The beer and wines were moderately priced and went great with first course. Not all were in the mood for dinner so my girlfriend had lobster mac & cheese off the bar menu and I went for the Asian pepper steak while Janet had the crab cake. All I can say was WOW!

Forget spending $25.00 to park in Philly and bridge toll. This place is city sophisitaction and surburban casual."

Link to Cork

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Out: Great comic out of Quebec johnjohn 0 2,437 06-26-2015, 10:21 PM
Last Post: johnjohn
  Captain Evil and Diabla, spotlight on a great independent title johnjohn 0 2,121 05-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Last Post: johnjohn
  Great Grandma gets tasered by police Hooch 5 5,733 06-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Ransack
  Great news of the week Prog 4 6,281 04-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Great Horse Race Call Prog 2 3,410 08-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Hooch