Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP George Carlin
71 years old, heart failure.

Shit, I grew up listening to this guy. Knew the seven words you will never hear on TV long before I could spell cat. :(
I've always considered him a voice of sanity in an insane world. Through his comedy, there was still always reason and common sense. He will be dearly missed. It is a sad day.
There's no crying in baseball
Damn, thats a shame. For me Carlin, Pryor and Cosby were comedy. :(
Wow. I usually find out someone dies and then come to the forums to talk about it... this time I just found out right here.

If anyone wants to write a quick paragraph on him and how you enjoyed his stuff, I'll post it as site news.

RIP George. He did look pretty old in that last special.
Hooch Wrote:Wow. I usually find out someone dies and then come to the forums to talk about it... this time I just found out right here.

If anyone wants to write a quick paragraph on him and how you enjoyed his stuff, I'll post it as site news. .

It is being worked on as we speak
Securb Wrote:It is being worked on as we speak

good deal, just post it right up.
Rest in Peace, Mr. Carlin. You will be missed.

"Sure, I'll take a shot in the mouth if it gets me a couple hundred miles down the road."
When life gives you lemons, just say 'Fuck the lemons,' and bail.
I have fond memories of my brother sneaking a Carlin cassette, I think it was called Indecent Exposure up to our room when I was ten or so. We sat giggling quietly for hours at the Seven Words bit.

It's sad to see him go.
My wife, mom, and I were talking a while back and, I don't remember how, but the 7 words subject came out, which I proceeded to rattle off in the same order Carlin usually recited them. My wife asked me why I would remember the list in a specific order and I asked "Doesn't everybody?"

I remember when my parents thought I was able to handle listening to adult humor and they let me watch Carlin on HBO. Hooked ever since.
Will it blend? That is the question.
Hooch Wrote:good deal, just post it right up.

It's up, http://www.tmrzoo.com/?p=387#more-387

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Newman RIP Chef_Tony 4 3,268 10-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Securb