Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man vs. Wild on Discovery
Man vs. Wild, also called Born Survivor: Bear Grylls or Ultimate Survival, is a survival television series hosted by Bear Grylls on the Discovery Channel. In the United Kingdom, the series is shown on both the Discovery Channel and on Channel 4. The series is produced by British television production company Diverse Bristol. The show was first broadcast on November 10, 2006 after airing a pilot episode titled The Rockies on March 10, 2006. In a special first aired on June 2, 2009, Will Ferrell joined Grylls on a survival trip to Northern Sweden. Grylls also said he has been approached about doing a Man vs. Wild urban disaster 3-D feature film, an idea he said he would "really like to do." Ben Stiller has also signed on for an episode later in the year. Bear Grylls has signed on to showcase urban survival techniques in a new Discovery show called Worst-Case Scenario, which premiered on May 5, 2010 on the network.

Background
The general format of each episode is the premise that Grylls is left stranded in a region. The episode documents his efforts to survive and find a way back to civilization, usually requiring an overnight shelter of some kind. Grylls also tells about successful and failed survivals in the particular area which he is.
Each episode takes about one week to ten days to shoot. Before each show the crew does about a week of reconnaissance, followed by Grylls doing a flyover of the terrain. Grylls then undergoes two days of intensive survival briefings. "I spend two days on location prior to dropping in – I go through all the safety and comms briefing as well as being briefed on local conditions, and flora and fauna by local rangers and a local bushcraft expert." He is followed on the program by a cameraman and a sound engineer. Directors oversee location filming and the final edit of each program. Season One directors included Dominic Stobart, Scott Tankard and Mark Westcott. Bear Grylls said, "I suppose to bear in mind that this is a worst-case scenario show, and therefore, of course things have to be planned. Otherwise, it would just be me in the wild and nothing happening, you know, ’cause textbook survival says you land, you get yourself comfortable, you wait for rescue, you don’t do anything. It would be a very boring show. The show is how to deal if you fall into quick sand, if you get attacked by an alligator, if you have to make a raft. I get a really good briefing before we go. I know there’s a big river there, there’s gonna be a great cliff climb there, there’s loads of snakes in those rocks, watch out for an alligator. So I do have a good idea of 80 percent of what’s gonna happen." Furthermore, contrary to onscreen presentation, his movements are rarely from Point A to Point B: "We plan it, if we’re doing different locations, sometimes we’ll have to do a whole crew move and get a helicopter. Again, we’re talking huge distances sometimes. So we’ll use helis when we have to. They’ll go out three weeks ahead of me, and go, “That bit’s no good. Those rapids we thought are gonna be good are boring, but down there, it’s great.” In April 2008, Grylls and Discovery released a book that includes survival tips from the TV show. In June 2009, Grylls had a special co-host—Will Ferrell—in episode 41, the season 5 premiere called Men vs. Wild
You work for Discovery Channel? This might have been an informative post back in 2006 when no one knew about the show.
Well the information is good......the new season is superb and Bear Grylls, no words for him.
Elsa88Joseph Wrote:Well the information is good......the new season is superb and Bear Grylls, no words for him.

The "new" season ended almost three months ago. I used to really like the show but it's become stale.
Discovery Terminates Relationship With 'Man vs. Wild' Star Bear Grylls

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/discovery-termi...16521.html

Discovery Channel has terminated its relationship with Bear Grylls, the British television personality and star of the network’s Man vs. Wild. The severing of the relationship, which began back in 2006 when Man vs. Wild launched on Discovery, comes after the network has allegedly been unable to get Grylls to participate in two unannounced projects he was contracted for, say sources. The sixth season of Man vs. Wild wrapped in August.

“Due to a continuing contractual dispute with Bear Grylls, Discovery has terminated all current productions with him,” a network spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.

A representative for Grylls confirmed that the Man Vs. Wild star has parted ways with Discovery.
what a nice work share with us.. Very helpful work.
I caught part of Bear Grylls' new show, something about surviving Hell. He retraces people's journeys thought near death experiences, it seemed ok. I couldn't tell you what channel it's on, I didn't really notice.
Does he drink his own piss? If not, I refuse to believe it's actually him.
Speng Wrote:I caught part of Bear Grylls' new show, something about surviving Hell. He retraces people's journeys thought near death experiences, it seemed ok. I couldn't tell you what channel it's on, I didn't really notice.

They should film an episode where he walks through my old housing project, he would never make it out of there alive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Man On Earth Securb 5 7,740 03-15-2015, 08:20 AM
Last Post: lreese
  Man VS. Food 3dR3 14 21,231 12-30-2010, 04:57 AM
Last Post: MickCyrus66