Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 NFL Offseason
Hooch Wrote:No. He won't make the final roster. He's too dumb and too old for his legs to make up for it anymore.

Of course I would wait until he made the roster. And at the end of the year I can hang it next to my Boston jersey.
With Shiancoe now in New England, the Eagles may turn their attention toward free agent tight end Jeremy Shockey, whom they were considering bringing in for a visit today before calling that meeting off when Shiancoe came for a visit.
Securb Wrote:With Shiancoe now in New England, the Eagles may turn their attention toward free agent tight end Jeremy Shockey, whom they were considering bringing in for a visit today before calling that meeting off when Shiancoe came for a visit.

He's a dick. If there is one player I could never see Reid bringing in it would be Shockey. The only plus side is that you'd get him playing lights out in the 2 games against the Giants.
Titans receiver O.J. Murdock dies from self-inflicted wound

Quote:O.J. Murdock, a reserve receiver for the Tennessee Titans, was found in his car on Monday morning with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. He was taken to a local hospital and died at 10:43 a.m. He was 25.

Murdock was found at around 8:30 a.m. outside of Middleton High School in Tampa Bay, the high school he attended.
Hooch Wrote:No. He won't make the final roster. He's too dumb and too old for his legs to make up for it anymore.

I watched the premier of hard Knocks last night. Chad looks pretty good. Fast as hell and his hands are as good as ever. It looks like he is trying harder than ever to redeem himself. The coach did have to put him in check for his mouth.
The Packers looked like shit last night, the defense looked as bad as last year.
Well, not for the reasons I mentioned, but...

Dolphins cut Chad Johnson

Quote:Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Receiver Chad Johnson’s stint with the Dolphins has ended. A league source tells PFT that the Dolphins have decided to cut the veteran wideout.

The news was first reported by Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

It didn’t happen because of poor performance (although based on Johnson’s performance in the preseason opener it may have, eventually). It happened because Johnson was arrested on Saturday night for head-butting the woman he married nearly a month ago.

The move comes not long after coach Joe Philbin said he hadn’t spoken to Johnson but planned to, sooner rather that later. Per the source, Philbin and Johnson met before Johnson was cut.

It’s unknown whether and to what extent any portion of the meeting was captured by the Hard Knocks cameras and microphones.
Securb Wrote:Should I?

[Image: p1369049_customback.chain%5D]

This would have been a worse purchase than my David Boston shirt
If Aaron Rodgers gets hurt the Packers are screwed, his backups are bad, really bad.
Easy come, easy go...

T.O. tweets that he was cut by the Seahawks

Quote:Owens tweeted on Sunday that he is no longer a member of the Seattle Seahakws, part of the league-mandated roster reductions from 90 to 75 players. The 38-year-old posted a message on his Twitter account shortly before 11 a.m. PDT that he had been released.

''I'm no longer a Seahawk. I THANK the organization 4 the opportunity, I'm truly blessed beyond belief. My FAITH is intact & will NOT waiver.''

Owens signed a one-year deal with Seattle (No. 22, APPro32) on Aug. 7, following a sterling workout that had coaches and Seahawks staff raving about how good he looked for having not played an NFL game in more than 18 months. He signed just before Seattle's first preseason game and made his debut in the second week against Denver.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NFL Now Has Male Cheerleaders karpathion 4 5,437 08-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Last Post: johnjohn
  NFL Survival of the Fittest/Suicide Pool 2016 Edition Speng 46 54,209 10-31-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Securb
  Worrying trends from the 2015 NFL season idsnowdog 3 5,090 12-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Last Post: skarydrunkguy
  The 2015 NFL Regular Season Thread Speng 6 8,699 09-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: idsnowdog
  Eagles fans named the most hated in the NFL Speng 5 9,516 09-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Speng
  2015 NFL Offseason Hooch 8 11,795 03-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: idsnowdog
  2014 NFL Live Game Thread Speng 10 15,103 01-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Hooch
  2014 NFL Season Hooch 11 15,089 10-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Last Post: LesStrat
  2014 NFL Offseason Hooch 24 30,811 06-02-2014, 08:13 AM
  NFL may impose 15-yard penalties for racial slurs on the field Securb 5 8,017 02-24-2014, 12:06 PM