Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's on the bench?
Whizz, you have the 20H? or 22H?
IIRC he has the 20H.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

(06-04-2014, 04:47 PM)CTN Wrote: Whizz, you have the 20H? or 22H?

It's a 20H. Or it used to be. I've put in an effects loop, modded the preamp for a "more" switch, which really just switches in a bypass cap, put in a depth mod, and modded the power amp to reduce bandwidth, which smoothed out the top end a bit. So it's quite different than the stock, but it's still got Soldano character.

If I could figure out how to upload an iPhone voice memo to the internet, I'd share a couple clips.
Same subject on the bench after developing problems with the coil cut switch...

Whew - the switch is not bad... cleaned the switch, removed old solder and while I was at it threw in a Tom Anderson Pickup (HF2).

Also my favorite Strat on the bench to lower da string gage.
Listless Vessels!
I put some nut sauce in my 62RI a few weeks ago. Fixed the tuning problems so much that I was surprised. Now it will hold up to not just whammy use but abuse and still stay in tune. I will eventually get a new nut for it, but in the interim I'm glad the guitar will actually stay in tune now haha
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.