Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARGH! DVD drive broken
My Dell PC has a DVD-RW mounted in the top slot. The open switch is a bar on the front right side of the box. We frequently hit it with our knees unintentionally.

Yesterday I was holding my grandson, and apparently I had hit the open switch unknowingly. When I turned my chair back toward the monitor, my knee hit the tray and knocked it loose on one side.eek:pissed::shifty:

Now it won't close.
Because I said so. 
Years ago that would have sucked. Now it is a $20 five minute fix. Four screws two cables I think you can handle it.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...sp?CatId=4
The cup holder's broken again!
Just make sure to be grounded before you touch anything inside the case, static electricity is a bitch.
Ran across the receipt for my first writable drive, the other day. It was a Ricoh 2 speed CD burner. AU $397
I hate finding old receipts like that.
Slap that puppy on ebay. Don't forget to put "vintage" in the description.
I keep them for their historical value.
I've got the receipt for my Acoustic guitar. It's a Suzuki Humming bird copy. It's really good and I still have it after paying $115 for it back in about 1979/1980.
I did spend about $500 on it having restained and refretted about 10 years ago.
I think when I do replace it, it will go in a lower slot to help with the "knee" problem. Also, IDK how the open button is mounted on this one and if an aftermarket drive will fit.

On that note, what do you recommend for a low usage drive?
Because I said so. 
(06-15-2014, 02:49 PM)LesStrat Wrote: Also, IDK how the open button is mounted on this one and if an aftermarket drive will fit.

What model is the computer? Dells usually have a faceplate that hits the open button on the drive, you shouldn't have any issues with a replacement. The drive is mounted separate from the button mechanism.

(06-14-2014, 10:10 PM)GoldenVulture Wrote: I keep them for their historical value.

I keep them too, it just pains me to see how much I spent on old technology.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offsite Drive Services? lreese 11 14,143 10-15-2015, 06:48 AM
Last Post: GoldenVulture