Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Securb and Lreese
It is nice to see people that actually get to use really nice gear like that , we are so not worthy.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
It's funny that this thread came up again. I'm actually trying to trade my H9 for a Strymon BigSky. I love the H9, I really do, but there are a few issues I have with it:

It doesn't want to play nice with my midi controller, for whatever reason.

I have no other reason to use my ipad, so that's just one more thing I have to bring along, and remember to charge. If they had an H9 control app for android I'd think seriously about keeping it.

And this is the big one - I want a bunch of reverb types but I don't want to have to pay $160 to get all the reverb I want. If I can just trade for the Strymon unit, I can have all the reverb I want without paying any extra cash. That's the only thing I really use the H9 for anyway.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

I haven't used mine for reverb in a long time. The algorithms are really nice though. Delay, yes.

Typically I use one for detune and the other one for diatonic harmony.

PCM81 just kills it for my reverb needs. It also works at instrument level if I wanted to use it that way.
Listless Vessels!
If you get a Strymon you have to join a worship band. Thems the rulz.
Because I said so. 
I used Strymon stuff for doom metal.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

I use the H9 for a lot of the SPACE algorithms. The SPRING reverb is my go to for leads.
(03-28-2015, 10:24 AM)Agileguy Wrote: I used Strymon stuff for doom metal.

You have to change the lyrics. The style is okay, but the lyrics have to be holy.

I don't make the rulz. They must be followed. After all, where do you think the pedal name came from?
Because I said so. 
(03-28-2015, 10:44 AM)LesStrat Wrote: You have to change the lyrics. The style is okay, but the lyrics have to be holy.

Ok, from now on all of my songs will be about Swiss cheese.

Seriously, the Strymon is a continual topic in the Praise and Worship guitarist discussion groups. They're obsessed with it.

This probably is because worship guitarists for the last 15 years or so have been imitating the Edge for guitar tones.

We are playing a new song in church tomorrow. The recorded version has several guitar tracks, but the primary track is stacked 1/8 & 1/16th note delays. No, I'm not bothering with it.
Because I said so. 
Even though I've never ventured into the P&W gear threads/forums, I've noticed that almost all P&W boards (they're pretty easy to differentiate from non P&W boards, usually they have at least two JHS pedals, three different gain pedals for stacking, and two reverbs/delays - or both) have at least a Timeline or a BigSky.

How much elitism is there in the P&W gear circles?