Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The family across the street
Is trying to blow up my house.

They must have bought a couple of grand worth of fireworks. The smallest thing they've set off is a huge ball of blackcats. The rest are show grade boom booms. A couple of the big ones have misfired and gone off in my driveway.

If you see a Honda van flying across the sky, it belongs to my DIL. It was parked in front of my garage.

I just wet the roof as a preventive measure.
Because I said so. 
Only two or three people do fireworks where I live. Though there is an amusement park behind my house, so I get an official show for free out my window.

Several years back I lived in a city where fireworks were illegal. On the 4th, my entire neighborhood on all sides erupted like Apocolypse Now. It was so stunning I even recorded the sound of it to use on something someday.

Everyone should be armed ...until nobody has guns.
We're just outside city limits. It is, at least theoretically, illegal to set off fireworks in town. But not out here.

Granted, they are firing some high class boomers.
Because I said so. 
(07-04-2014, 09:32 PM)beaubrummels Wrote: Only two or three people do fireworks where I live. Though there is an amusement park behind my house, so I get an official show for free out my window.

Several years back I lived in a city where fireworks were illegal. On the 4th, my entire neighborhood on all sides erupted like Apocolypse Now. It was so stunning I even recorded the sound of it to use on something someday.

Public use of them has been mostly illegal here,for decades. That doesn't stop every New Years Eve turning into a fireworks show.

and LS.. :old:
Get off my lawn!
Because I said so. 
Evil
Fireworks are totally legal here and I am surrounded by NH hillbillies. It has been a constant contest of "my boom is bigger than your boom" for about 3 days. At this point most of the stuff I am hearing is construction/demolition grade and definitely not intended for summer BBQs.
They're illegal here, but you can buy them right across the county line, a fifteen minute drive.

It was really quiet here last night, it's usually very noisy. Most of my neighbors are elderly, it's the people on surrounding streets that usually make all the noise.
At the campground where I work, fireworks are not allowed due to it being super dry. People were using illegal (illegal in california) fireworks as soon as the sun went down and the security guys were having a hell of a time finding where some of the booms were coming from.

The first one that went up was red, white, and green. We're all all like: "Goddamnit! This isn't Cinco De Mayo!"

I work 4th of July every year, and it's always just chaos at the campground.
I'm really surprised that there were no gunpowder marks on the garage door. I went out for a bit last night, and just as I turned to go back inside there was a loud boom in front of my garage.
Because I said so. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Family is finally gone! Securb 7 7,804 08-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: misterwhizzy
  TMRZoo Family Photos 3dR3 5 6,721 06-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Hooch
  Family loses battle to save pirate treehouse TooFunny 4 5,008 09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Last Post: TooFunny
  Caged boy 'skinned, eaten by family' Franchise 6 7,707 06-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Chef_Tony