Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Solving a String Length Problem!
Hi Guys,

I have an Agile 7-String that is a 27" Scale and has a reverse headstock. My Low-B and Low-E strings are too short making string changes very difficult. So far, Ernie Ball and GHS have a big FAIL going on. DR has the length by just a touch. My only solution thus far is to possible change the tuning machines to locking ones. But the Grovers it came with work fine, so I'd rather not. Anyone know of a brand and/or string set that will solve this?

I usually play .009, .011, .016, .026, .036, .046, .060
(05-16-2015, 12:46 AM)johnjohn Wrote: What can I say - big boobs, small sports bra, no shirt, running down a hill.....that story just writes itself.
(07-12-2014, 03:11 AM)ExplorersRock Wrote: Hi Guys,

I have an Agile 7-String that is a 27" Scale and has a reverse headstock. My Low-B and Low-E strings are too short making string changes very difficult. So far, Ernie Ball and GHS have a big FAIL going on. DR has the length by just a touch. My only solution thus far is to possible change the tuning machines to locking ones. But the Grovers it came with work fine, so I'd rather not. Anyone know of a brand and/or string set that will solve this?

I usually play .009, .011, .016, .026, .036, .046, .060

Are you getting normal sets of strings and picking up individuals of the other gauges you need or are you getting baritone strings?
Would GHS have enough length to do the Martin lock technique? That should wind up with 1 turn give or take on the post. Could possibly be less on that 7th string.
Listless Vessels!
(07-12-2014, 06:08 AM)CTN Wrote: Are you getting normal sets of strings and picking up individuals of the other gauges you need or are you getting baritone strings?

I've been grabbing a normal set of 9-46 and then buying an individual 60.

(07-12-2014, 07:02 AM)lreese Wrote: Would GHS have enough length to do the Martin lock technique? That should wind up with 1 turn give or take on the post. Could possibly be less on that 7th string.

Sadly, GHS strings can't get me one wind on .060 or .046.
(05-16-2015, 12:46 AM)johnjohn Wrote: What can I say - big boobs, small sports bra, no shirt, running down a hill.....that story just writes itself.
Lol. Buy baritone strings. They are longer to accommodate the longer scale length :)
Barry tone strings!

[Image: Barry_White.jpg]

Seems to be cheaper just to replace the tuners in the long run.
Listless Vessels!
I have started winding my own strings out of pubic hairs I find in the shower drain. I keep my body shaved so the are most likely my mother's. I have been getting incredibly clear tones and tuning stability with my homemade strings. The only downside is my guitars now smell like catfish that have been left in the Alabama sun for 3 days.
I like our DreX a hell of a lot better than Evan's.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
Ours is actually entertaining.
Because I said so. 
While I'm very entertained, I think ours is a bit too intelligent, which makes him unauthentic. Maybe it's the lack of penis facials he indulges in affecting his post quality.

Everyone should be armed ...until nobody has guns.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Already broke a string on my brand new guitar Agileguy 10 11,937 04-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
Big Grin NPD - The First 7-String Zhangbuckers EVER!!! ExplorersRock 6 6,878 03-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Agileguy
  I put a bid on a 7 string. youngthrasher9 22 23,230 11-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Oinkus