Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falling Skies...anyone still keeping up?
Season 4 started not long ago. The opener kinda sucked. One of those "oh by the way, while we were gone, allllll this time elapsed and all this shit happened,and we're throwing you right in the middle of it with little frame of reference." Kinda things.

Kinda annoying.

I'watching episode 2 now, hoping the story picks up a bit
Not a glowing endorsement... I was wondering about this show, was going to check it out after banshee.
is it good, or do you feel like you've been ripped off?
It struggles in places, I think because it's not quite as simple an alien invasion as most movies and TV series before it have attempted to portray. In falling skies it's a lot more complex, there are fragile alliances (sometimes with other alien species) weird agendas, sleeper agents and sabotage all falling in place behind the backdrop of an all out guerilla war against the invading alien forces.

So between trying to unravel the complex story and give some attention to the human side of the story (as in the feely stuff) while at the same time trying to keep ratings high... Yeah sometimes it struggles a bit.

On the whole I think it's definitely worth watching though....from the beginning (if you jump in halfway, nothing will make any sense)

Oh and thankfully, episode 2 and 3 from this 4th season were great.
It is picking up but it was a lot darker when they were camped out in Massachusetts.