Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about Myst.
Who here has played it?

It was one of the first videogames that I was exposed to as a child and I really liked it. I remember greatly enjoying the surreal landscapes as well as the thought provoking story line that you had to piece together.

Whenever I see the game mentioned, I get nostalgic and I've been seriously considering picking up the original trilogy and immersing myself in it again.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
peter gabriel FTW

sorry, i'm thinking of riven
Its all good. Riven was the bomb as well, and pary of the trilogy so you win!
(10-01-2014, 10:44 PM)Big Flannel Wrote: Who here has played it?

It was one of the first videogames that I was exposed to as a child and I really liked it. I remember greatly enjoying the surreal landscapes as well as the thought provoking story line that you had to piece together.

Whenever I see the game mentioned, I get nostalgic and I've been seriously considering picking up the original trilogy and immersing myself in it again.

+1 to everything you just said.

Riven was alright. Myst III was awesome.
I remember being blown away at the time. I still have it, I haven't played it in forever.
I myst that game.
Because I said so. 
(10-02-2014, 03:36 PM)LesStrat Wrote: I myst that game.

You should check it out.
I enjoyed playing it for awhile. I kind of lost interest when I got to a "puzzle" that was some stupid combination lock mechanism. I spent about 30 seconds and somehow guessed the right combination. That was about the point where I decided the graphics were cool, but the story/adventure sucked.

Not quite as large, but did you ever see the parody game, Pyst? Now available for a mobile device near you!

[Image: pyst-for-andriod-review.jpg]
I felt that Pyst is a funny concept with awful execution.
(10-02-2014, 03:36 PM)LesStrat Wrote: I myst that game.

I see what you did there.

I played the original Myst after someone in the family got it for Christmas and no one could get very far into it. It ended up with me. I took that as a personal challenge and beat it fairly quickly. I never played the other 2 installments though.