Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-Telephone marketing tactic
I got bugger all for years then recently they started up again.
I've taken to mimicing the caller when they call. I've been getting Asian women with sing songy voices. They always seem to start off with a happy "hello " which I just mimic back at them like an echo. It seems to upset their little routine. I then get a pause and then they launch into their speil. Then I go " I probably don't want it; Bye " and hang up. It seems to be having an effect, they're getting less frequent.
If it's the India call centre I put on my best indian mimic and tell them they're talking bullshit [ the ones ringing to tell me there's something wrong with my computer ]and anything else I may improvise at the time.
It makes annoying phone calls fun.

I did this to one some years ago and it got him really upset. After I hung up he rang me back and abused me. Twice ! Hahahaha!!!!!
You need a hobby. Or a cat.
Sounds like he has the former already.
Because I said so. 
(10-14-2014, 05:48 AM)Dr. Vegetable Wrote: You need a hobby. Or a cat.
Definitely need some pussy.
I just pick up the phone and say "HELLO?" in a strained, old guy voice. I just keep repeating that whenever they say anything.

Eventually they get frustrated and hang up.
Around here they are obligated to ask at some point in the conversation whether or not you are in a situation where you can safely take the call, so uo to that point I go along with it.

Then they ask and I tell them that I just finished a beer on the interstate and I'm about to light a cigarette.

...they always offer to call back at a more convenient time.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
I used to answer the phone "hola, que?" it worked for a while then backfired. I ended up on a shit load of Spanish telemarketing lists.