Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve.com - Gorilla lite?
OK, so I was reading a story on Yahoo that said the British Olympic athletes posed naked for Coca-Cola ads. Unfortunately, no visuals were included. So of course I had to Google "naked athletes" - purely for research purposes, you understand.

And what do I find? No naked Brits, but "The 12 Best Nude-Athlete Pictorials Ever" on this site...

Nerve.com

This website is similar to TMR Zoo but powered by vodka, not beer.

It is sponsored by Stolichnaya vodka. (worse...Stoli Blakberi)

[SIZE=2]"Nerve exists because sex is beautiful and absurd, remarkably fun and reliably trauma-inducing. In short, it is a subject in need of a fearless, intelligent forum for both genders.

"We believe that women (men too, but especially women) have waited long enough for a smart, honest magazine on sex, with cliché-shattering prose and fiction as well as striking photographs of naked people that capture more than their flesh. You've waited long enough."

For those who stopped reading at "striking photographs of naked people" - here is the link again so you don't have to waste time scrolling up.

[/SIZE]
Nerve.com

Oh, almost forgot...

The 12 Best Nude Athlete Pictorials Ever
Ooops, I crapped my pants
Naked ambition: Britain's Olympians strip down as they prepare to make history in Beijing

British Olympic hopefuls are posing naked in a tasteful ad campaign for Powerade, to publicize their involvement in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China.

Rebecca Romero, 28, won a sliver medal in rowing at the 2004 Olympics in Athens. After reinventing herself as one of the world's top cyclists she will now seek to make history in China as the first British woman to win Olympic medals in two separate summer sports.

Triple jumper Phillips Idowu and swimmer Gregor Tait also posed naked for award-winning photographer Nadav Kander.

Idowu, 29, who has been hailed as one of Britain's best hopes of a track and field gold medal, said: 'This is definitely one of the more unusual shoots I've taken part in, but also one of the most enjoyable.

'Nadav made us all feel really comfortable, and we had a lot of fun. The Inner Gear for an athlete - how we train, what we eat, drink and when we sleep - is as important as what we wear, and it's great that a campaign like this brings it to life.'

Cathryn Sleight, marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain which produces Powerade, added: 'Everyone is used to seeing athletes in competition or winning, but we wanted to give people the chance to see the real make-up of an athlete and their muscle and power, celebrating the body and spirit and the hard work that goes into training for all athletes whatever your level.'

The images will be used as part of an advertising campaign for Powerade, the official sports drink of the Beijing Games.

Tasteful, artistic photos of naked athletes
Ooops, I crapped my pants