Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Primus Fans?
I've loved Primus for a long time. Now that I think about it, the first time I remember hearing them was "Jerry was a Racecar Driver" on Tony Hawk 1, like fucking 15 years ago. That was always my favorite song on that game.

Anyway, they're coming out with a new album on Tuesday - Primus and the Chocolate Factory. Yeah, they covered the soundtrack to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and I think it's going to be badass (if you like Primus). Here's their cover of Golden Ticket. I love it - it's deliciously Primus.

And speaking of golden tickets, here's my favorite part - the vinyl release is printed on chocolate colored vinyl. However, much like Willy Wonka, they have decided to slip in five golden tickets. But this time they're golden vinyls, and anybody that gets one will get free Primus tickets - for life.

THE GOLDEN TICKET WILL BE MINE

Oh yeah and go listen to primus.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

Primus rocks. Have you ever seen them live?
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
(10-19-2014, 05:37 PM)Big Flannel Wrote: Primus sucks. Have you ever seen them live?

Fixed.

Yeah, I got free tickets to their NYE show a few years ago. My brother's friends had tickets for both nights (they usually only do one IIRC) and they couldn't go the second night, so I saw them on NYE. The Dead Kenny G's and Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade opened. It was an incredible show.

And I have tickets to see them on NYE this December. I wish I had seen their 3D NYE show a year or two back, but this will do. I love that Les does this in Oakland every year.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

(10-19-2014, 05:37 PM)Big Flannel Wrote: Primus rocks. Have you ever seen them live?

yes and it almost killed me. :pissed:
Story time

(10-20-2014, 12:10 AM)Agileguy Wrote: Story time

I saw them at a festival, it was a hot summer day,no water and i had already sat through queens of the stone age, slash, bullet for my valentine when primus came on. Those bass notes hit me so fucking hard brain goo came out my ear..

It wasn't all bad especially compared to the queens. Queens of the stone age was worse than a home abortion
I dig the earlier stuff. I saw them open up for Rush in the early '90s they were great.
I was in a band that opened for them in the clubs "back in the day." There were about 100 people in the club at 9 PM when we went on. We came back around midnight when Primus was on to get paid and there were three people in the club. The drummers set took up 85 percent of the stage and the bass player and guitar player couldn't move right or left. They played their asses off, but I thought at the time, "These guys will never make it." Sure enough, where are they now and where am I now?

Everyone should be armed ...until nobody has guns.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Baroness Fans? Agileguy 6 8,362 08-12-2014, 06:29 AM
Last Post: misterwhizzy