Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Activator X. opinions?
Ok, here's a thought:

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, ok? I understand that not everybody has access to a tube amp, let alone the funds to purchase one. I've also heard great tones come from various Pod models and the like. ...but if I stumble into one more fucking pickup demo through a spider on the insane setting, I'm going to lose my shit.

What the fuck is going on here, guys? Seriously. Everything sounds the same and I hate it.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
metal zones
Line6 Spiders
Washburn and Dean dimebag signature guitars
Kids who scoop all the mids

All those things need to be thrown into one big pit, especially the kids, and incinerated down to molten metals and slag which can then be reused to make things that are actually USEFUL.

This is my brain when the Line6 spider III came out and i wandered into a music store to try some guitars and decided on a whim to check out the Spider III since I knew a few guys who used Vettas and Flextones who were getting nice tones:

Clean channel:
"Not bad, bit of sparkle, bit of twang, definitely usable."

Crunch channel:
"not too shabby, it's missing a bit of warmth and detail but it's got some usable tones."

Metal channel:
"ok this is sounding really digital and not in a good way. I could see this maybe being useful if I was writing Industrial and needed that sorta harsh overprocessed guitar sound."

Insane channel:
*CAUTION: NOW COMMENCING EMERGENCY INVOLUNTARY VOMITING AND PANTS-SHITTING PROCEDURES*
The vettas are pretty cool. Fuck the other shit.

I can't find decent demos to save my life. If I could find them, I'd just buy a fucking Lundgren.
I just want something that sounds thick!
get nicki minaj to sit on your guitar.
(11-10-2014, 11:27 PM)CTN Wrote: get nicki minaj to sit on your guitar.

That crazy broad isn't getting near my guitars. I've seen the Anaconda fart video.
but she is thick. in the head and in the butt.
I'm so burned-out on reading about pickups, guys. I lack the knowledge and commitment to make a decision.
All of the samples I have heard of that series sound too bright and hard. Basically it sounds like they tried to design a pickup for low tunings and extended range instruments like 7/8 strings and wound up with a pickup that was too shrill on the E through E strings. I think they would be better for baritone scale instruments than extended range instruments.
Well, that is an opinion that I haven't come across yet. Thank you.

Without access to the pickups that I've been debating between, I'm left to ask you guus annoying questions lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPD: Dimarzio D Activator 7 youngthrasher9 14 16,558 01-23-2015, 06:08 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman
  Need Opinions - Fender Showmaster MIK CTN 9 10,993 10-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Last Post: youngthrasher9
  any opinions on the T-rex Whirly Verb? Big Flannel 0 2,178 06-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Big Flannel